Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

My girlfriend is an interior designer. She's working on a home remodel project for a client. She has been designing some millwork to accommodate an 85" TV. They just called and asked if she can shift gears and make sure the design can be "future proofed" to accommodate a 115" TV.

When my gf asked them what they were considering for their audio solution, they said, "We're assuming the TV probably has built-in speakers. I'm sure they'll be fine."
I am very disapointed - Fifth Element.gif

Reminds me of the time I was in an audio/video store and some lady walked in and asked the salesperson "Which is your most expensive camera? I'll take it."
She didn't ask for the newest, or best.
Most expensive.
She paid, left and the salesperson just looked at me, as beffudled as me.

I know it wouldn't be the case in a standard audio/video store but I'm picturing her buying a Hasselblad with no lenses and not having a clue what to do with it. :LOL:

My girlfriend is an interior designer. She's working on a home remodel project for a client. She has been designing some millwork to accommodate an 85" TV. They just called and asked if she can shift gears and make sure the design can be "future proofed" to accommodate a 115" TV.

When my gf asked them what they were considering for their audio solution, they said, "We're assuming the TV probably has built-in speakers. I'm sure they'll be fine."

That’s not how any of this works!

If they have money to burn, Bang & Olufsen has them covered. For floor standing TVs they have the Beovision Harmony that has a full sound system and goes up to 97”, the Beosound Theatre can be combined with very large third party panels. Besides, they have plenty of speaker solutions that are easily placed in a room and delivers spectacular sound, albeit at a (very) high price. The Beolab 28 is an excellent example of this.

Last edited: