Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Also, make sure XP mode will even work with your processor.

Ooh. How much would you charge for it?

Edit: also, what RPM/cache?

Last edited:
Downloading XP mode atm to run some old games I have around.

Anyone know which R4-style card is the best for the NDS?

I have been using a dual-monitor setup for all of ten minutes. I can already see how much more productive I am going to be :D
I honestly don't know how people at work function without dual monitors.

I use a laptop in a docking station, and even though I have a 1680 x 1050 monitor I find it quite useful to flip up the 1024 x 768 laptop screen.

I use a laptop in a docking station, and even though I have a 1680 x 1050 monitor I find it quite useful to flip up the 1024 x 768 laptop screen.

My laptop monitor is generally used for The Office, Battlestar Galactica, or other various TV shows / movies.

Then I do "work" on my main 22".

When I say "Work" I mean browse forums.

I am wondering if I should buy this: Linky

I kind of want a cheap wheel just for the PC.

You'll need an adapter and it has no force feedback or anything. I actually have a similar wheel lying around that's decent enough. For $10, how bad can it be?

What kind of adapter?

I have a driving force pro, but it just refuses to work with my pc.

It's for a Playstation or PS2, that's the adapter you'd need. They're not uncommon and they work well but that's another $10.

The Driving Force Pro works fine with the PC, so don't go spending any more cash on another wheel. Get hold of the Logitech software first. Sometimes it will be detected as the old Driving Force, but I can't remember the workaround for that.

Yeah, but i just get a BSOD....

The 'IRQL_LESS_THAN blah blah blah' error? It's the drivers, and I got that with an old Wingman Force joystick until I updated the Logitech Gaming Software. If you don't have the latest version, try that first. I assume we're talking Windows XP too?

Nope - vista

Now Win 7 but I haven't tried

Ah, don't have Vista so I've never tried to run it on there. It worked alright on 7 RC though before I had to reinstall it, not tried it on this installation of RC yet.