Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

How's the HTC Tattoo? They're selling it at a local store on a New Year sale(after 2 PM Jan 1st) for 50% off!

I tried one in HK. Its not too bad actually, but the really small screen is a bit restrictive.

50% off is damn good though. How much is it after 50% off?

It looks like the offer was misleading. It said "50% off PDA phones between 2-3AM" but it turns out they only choose one phone/item. 50% off the Tattoo would have made it 160 euros, a damn good deal, Samsung Corby money

thats nothing. I had people question me if they can go to jail if your computer performs an "illegal operation" :roll:

"Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard drive?"

So, I still haven't fixed my oversized desktop issue, and while poking around I noticed I don't have any audio either. Then this morning I found out that in Linux, the computer won't wake up from USB input, and has now actually stopped going to sleep all together. Needless to say, I'm booting into Windows for now, and might just stick with it. I can suffer through using explorer to navigate to files until XBMC has hardware acceleration in Windows.

Since youtube changed to HD and what not I haven't been able to DL videos, a web based or mac solution would be great if anyone had one, i'm after this if there's something wrong with the videos i'm after.

http://flashgot.net/

It's a FireFox addon that can pretty much DL any type of media from anywhere.

Every time there's some kind of video/audio file, a little film strip should start blinking on the bottom right of the browser. You right-click it and select which file you want to download (it shows the sizes so the video file would be the largest). Also, you might have to get Free Download Manager for it to work properly.

If you want to download Youtube videos easily can you install this plugin for firefox? It works very well for me.

If you want to download Youtube videos easily can you install this plugin for firefox? It works very well for me.

What's the point when Free Download Manager can download video/audio from any site, not just YouTube?

I was missing the download manager, why does everything involving videos have to be so complicated?

Trust me, once you get used to FlashGot and FDM, they work like a dream. :D

Another thing, I not only use FDM for FlashGetting videos, but I also use it to download larger files because it's much faster than FireFox's normal downloader.

Last edited:
What's the point when Free Download Manager can download video/audio from any site, not just YouTube?

I don't download video and audio from other sites, so that doesn't really matter to me.