Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

I use Vuze so that I can stream things to my xbox without setting anything else up, like Media Center. Other than that, uTorrent is the best Windows client...

http://skullcandy.com/ with coupon code SEAMONKEY, everything half price, only valid for a day or so, for anyone interested :)

...and they can no longer ship to the UK or indeed the whole of Europe.

Arses.

And skullcandy sucks, so you're not missing out on anything. :p

How do they suck? They're inexpensive and never break, and when they do they have a lifetime warranty. They also have give a nice crisp sound and decent bass.

They also have give a nice crisp sound and decent bass.

For you maybe, for some of us here we have silly ears that can hear subtle sound differences and they sound terrible. Not to say you can't discern good sound from average sound, but at your age I doubt you've been exposed to really high quality sound. Chances are you're perfectly content with whatever bitrate mp3 files you have on your mp3 player and your skullcandy headphones are perfectly wonderful, but for some of us they would be terrible with our higher quality audio and pampered ears used to better stuff.

I hate my tv. I hope I get a big fat tax refund this year, because I don't know how much longer I can stand this thing, and I refuse to pay money to fix it.

For you maybe, for some of us here we have silly ears that can hear subtle sound differences and they sound terrible. Not to say you can't discern good sound from average sound, but at your age I doubt you've been exposed to really high quality sound. Chances are you're perfectly content with whatever bitrate mp3 files you have on your mp3 player and your skullcandy headphones are perfectly wonderful, but for some of us they would be terrible with our higher quality audio and pampered ears used to better stuff.
True, to me they sound a helluva lot better than the apple headphones and that's all that matters to me.

For an MP3 player, which plays digital crap files mostly, they're fine. More than fine actually because what is good because attached to a portable music player they'll spend their life being shoved into pockets and bags and being dropped on the ground, I've even managed to slam headphones in the car door before. Now If I wanted headphones for plugging into the fancy old record player at the condo that would be a whole different story.

For an MP3 player, which plays digital crap files mostly, they're fine. More than fine actually because what is good because attached to a portable music player they'll spend their life being shoved into pockets and bags and being dropped on the ground, I've even managed to slam headphones in the car door before. Now If I wanted headphones for plugging into the fancy old record player at the condo that would be a whole different story.

Even with ipods they are still garbage headphones. I have a pair of V-moda Vibes, which aren't brilliant by any means but are still much better than Skull Candy crap.

Random thought:
I have 2 HDD's with 2 OS's installed.
Old OS is full, I don't want to restart everytime (read: I don't want my family restarting the computer everytime I'm out of the house) to use the old system.

Can VMware/similar program use a physical HDD as an image to run from?

I know parallels has that option

It seems you have this thing for abusing all the gadgets you own :lol:

I know I'm uber-careful with all my IEMs and MP3 players on the go. Maybe I'm just pedantic.

Even with ipods they are still garbage headphones. I have a pair of V-moda Vibes, which aren't brilliant by any means but are still much better than Skull Candy crap.

x2. A pair of UE SF5pros (which you can find reasonably priced) would slaughter any skullcandys. I guess its an image thing really.

BTW, how are the HD650s treating you. I'm getting a pair this week.

Last edited:
And skullcandy sucks, so you're not missing out on anything. :p

+1 Exactly what I wanted to say.

Skullcandy = terrible audio quality.

obviously you've never dropped $200 on a pair of decent earphones, massive difference!

Last edited:
What is this
my weather gadget is not working
and windows ignores my request to open gadget gallery

I am dissappoint

+1 Exactly what I wanted to say.

Skullcandy = terrible audio quality.

obviously you've never dropped $200 on a pair of decent earphones, massive difference!

No, I generally don't like paying more for headphones than for what they are plugged into.

It's a moot argument anyway when you compare the prices: $12, $20, $30, $40. When you compare those to $200 headphones, of course the more expensive headphones will be better.

I love my SkullCandy earbuds for three reasons: 1) they actually stay in my ears and don't hurt, B) they don't cost a fortune and 3) I can get them with a mic for my iPhone.