Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

If anyone else is interested in getting headphones with Kleer Wireless, Buy.com has the TDK WR700 for 54% off right now, making them $114.99, free shipping. I just bit the bullet, now I have to come up with a way to tell the lady without getting in trouble.

If anyone else is interested in getting headphones with Kleer Wireless, Buy.com has the TDK WR700 for 54% off right now, making them $114.99, free shipping. I just bit the bullet, now I have to come up with a way to tell the lady without getting in trouble.

"They're wireless! Wi-re-less!"

The battery on my hd2 is really starting to get bad.. only charges to 84% atm and barely lasts a day. i guessing its got something to do with android im running... or maybe using the car charger all the time ;)

installed desire android and i have been using the phone over average today and i have 79% battery left from this morning :)

Never heard of Kleer Wireless until now, how does it compare to Bluetooth? My headphones are very broken and I can't find any decent Bluetooth ones to buy, it seems like A2DP stereo Bluetooth never caught on for portable use and all the good ones seem to have been taken off the market with no replacements.

Last edited:
Kleer is lossless, it uses a digital connection over RF(I forget what frequency) to transmit 44KHz/16b audio.

I still haven't come up with a get-out-of-trouble explanation.

The droid you're looking for

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/09/30/tumblr_l9knf8zhm01qaair7.jpg

The droid you're looking for

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/09/30/tumblr_l9knf8zhm01qaair7.jpg

With the skin (i'm personally at least) you're not! :p *insert rimshot here*

TBH, that R2D2 design is pretty cool though...if only the back were domed a bit....

The mobile version of YouTube already went HTML5 a few months ago. It's a lot nicer than the old one... I actually browse to m.youtube.com instead of using the Android app.

Problem is not that many mobile browsers seem to be compatible. Mostly iOS and vanilla Froyo work it seems.

I'm thinking of rockboxing my iPod because I am sooooo done with iTunes right now.

It must be done.

I did it, how do I put music on it now? From iTunes, because I have some songs on there that I no longer have the CD's to.

Last edited:
I assume you have a music folder? if the songs are itunes locked you might have to pirate them.

It is amazing how often I need to pirate shit I actually paid for.

Posted this in the iRacing thread as well but might get a faster response here :)

So, today, my G25 apparently gave up the ghost

Here's how it went,

I was racing, as usual, and suddenly I had no longer force feedback. I left the practice session unplugged the wheel and usb, then plugged everything back in and tried again.
This time the wheel didn't do anything and the power light on the shifter was only half as bright as it is supposed to be. Again I unplugged everything and rebooted my computer. Still nothing, then I noticed my steering column was immensly hot so I quickly turned everything off again.

Any thoughts on what might have caused this? Worst case scenario, what would it cost to repair?

I don't have a G25, or any wheel for that matter.

But I know Logitech has incredibly good customer support and warranty coverage. Unless you bought your G25 a long ass time ago chances are one phone call to Logitech will get you a brand new unit on your doorstep within a week or two.

^Well it's almost 3 years old, I'd call that pretty old. But I'll give it a try tomorrow.
I'd say my wheel has short-circuited itself, because it got so hot after it stopped working.

Failing getting a new one from Logitech I allready figured some alternatives:

- Brand new G27 (this would eat away the money I saved for a PS3 + GT5 :()
- New Fanatec GT3RS wheel with clubsport pedals (also very expensive but I heard good thing about the pedals, although not so good about customer support and quality)
- Fanatec GT3RS wheel and using my current G25 pedals which still work fine (this will be the cheapest at ?180)

Last edited: