Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

I love how ever since February every single tech review website and industry analyst knocked Windows Phone, and now suddenly they are all singing its praises. :rolleyes:

Personally though, I'm not tempted by it at all though. For one it's not a mature platform yet (e.g. no copy/paste), and also that Windows Mobile is still too fresh in my mind to give Microsoft another chance in the mobile arena.

That stand looks like a ghost

HOLY MOLEY.

The 3DS is going to be $305 in Japan in American measurement. Wooooooow.

http://kotaku.com/5661539/does-japan-think-the-nintendo-3ds-is-over+priced

That's not good when a lot of Japanese people even think it will be overpriced. Now I am worried as to how much it will cost here. =(

IDK if it applies to game systems, but the GAMES for the ds cost about 2x as much in japan as here (no idea why). EX: the new pokemon game is 65$ before shipping if you order it from japan, and that's not a markup as I know people in japan and it still costs that much if you walk into the store and buy it, I have the same game on preorder from gamestop for 35$.

Yeah I understand that it is RIDICULOUS in Japan, but so are a lot of things.

I think isn't the current DSi about $200 in Japan though right now? So maybe going with that type of a scale that means the 3DS would be closer to $200 (or maybe so, being the price I paid for my PSP).

And yes, I have a one-track mind when it comes to video games sometimes, especially consoles. I still own the original Xbox. The portables (PSP, DS) are my only current-gen stuff. ><

My first gen iPhone got a cracked screen a month or so ago. No big deal just kept using it but the massive tropical storms of the past week or two finally killed it with so much moisture in the air.

Now I need to get another phone in the next week or so. I was hoping to hold onto the first gen iPhone till the iPhone 4 had a price drop. Now I am not sure what to get. I have my unlimited data plan locked in with AT&T so I don't really want to give that up; however, I just don't feel like paying 200 dollars for a new phone. I have an account with Verizon for my wife, only carrier that is compatible with her hearing aid, so I could add a line there but then I would end up with a much higher data/voice plan.

Any suggestions?

Gonna try and swing by verizon this Sunday and get an idea of what a plan there would cost to add a lone to that account.

Samsung Captivate.

It's AT&T's variant of the Galaxy S, and if you ask me, it's awesome. Verizon's version is the Vibrant.

D:

Oh yeah that is the unfortunate thing. Like a month after they released the iPad they reduced the data limit from 5GB to 2GB, and those with older stuff before then would be grandfathered in, like my aunt's iPhone.

My aunt has the 3G (her speaker broke recently though), it's so laggy it infuriates me.

Also, I heard wirefly is good if you are buying new phones on a new plan.

I have unlimited text and data for $30/mo. I will only buy unlocked phones from now on.

I always buy unlocked phones since it means I can go on very cheap plans and not be tied down to move from carrier to carrier if someone suddenly has a really good deal.

I tend to trade-in/sell my phones when I upgrade anyway.

I always buy unlocked phones since it means I can go on very cheap plans and not be tied down to move from carrier to carrier if someone suddenly has a really good deal.

I tend to trade-in/sell my phones when I upgrade anyway.

That was kind of the plan with having accounts with verizon and att plus keeping that first gen iPhone for so long. Just didn't expect it to die suddenly. Stupid tropical storms.

3.0 isn't out yet? I think it will be update-able to the latest and greatest version.