Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

When I add 20$ I pay $21.25

Droid Incredible: $345
Droid X: $395

Monthly: 450 minutes + unlimited text = $65 + $30 data. = $95.
In NY at least it'd be cheaper taking the phone on prepaid because of the tax, but again it varies by state. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regional/item_ewqTZmAEQGIJs0tMYK0ZeK

I can't comment on how it is in other places, but I'm speaking from what I've seen on my bill and my parents bill here in NY.

Last edited:
Are some American consumers really so dumb?

That's really a question that needn't be asked. Whenever anyone asks any variation of "Can anyone really be that dumb?" the answer is always yes. Yes they can be, and are, that dumb.

When I add 20$ I pay $21.25

And who is your provider? Because AT&T for sure adds the tax in to the advertised price... which makes the $75/month for unlimited talk and text and 200MB of data even more attractive.

That's really a question that needn't be asked. Whenever anyone asks any variation of "Can anyone really be that dumb?" the answer is always yes. Yes they can be, and are, that dumb.

Heh, I know. I was just trying to ease into my rant. :p

changed my plan today, telstra cap plan $49 with $400 included + 1gb data and a free htc mozart

was going to change anyway so a free new phone is always good, it''s pretty darn impressive windows phone 7

And who is your provider? Because AT&T for sure adds the tax in to the advertised price... which makes the $75/month for unlimited talk and text and 200MB of data even more attractive.

Heh, I know. I was just trying to ease into my rant. :p

Virgin mobile
*awaits the jokes*

Same for Chrome, though using the 'See All' option works.

Doesn't work in Chrome or opera either, strange and annoying. So far really loving FF4 but some of my add-ons not working are kind of annoying, like multirow bookmarks.

Yeah that's the only reason I am not using it.

I'd really like to be able to give WP7 a fair shot, but I'm certainly not going to pay for a phone off contract for that, especially considering that I really can't see anything about it that I'd prefer over Android. Xbox Live integration is intriguing, but I don't have an Xbox or do much gaming on my phone.

I'd really like to be able to give WP7 a fair shot, but I'm certainly not going to pay for a phone off contract for that, especially considering that I really can't see anything about it that I'd prefer over Android. Xbox Live integration is intriguing, but I don't have an Xbox or do much gaming on my phone.

Your beliefs.

Are mine as well.

WE ARE ONE

I had Android on my HD2, I liked it but I also like how WP7 feels less 'ghetto'

I had Android on my HD2, I liked it but I also like how WP7 feels less 'ghetto'

By less ghetto, I assume you mean more eye candy?

The good thing about Android is, it looks kind of boring out of the box but you can theme and modify it to your heart's content... yeah, I know you can jailbreak and theme an iPhone, but it will always look essentially the same. I'm afraid WP7 isn't ever going to be too customizable since it's based on the same principle of locked down walled garden like iOS devices.

Like smib I'd like to try a WP7 device too, I'm not a Microsoft hater nor an Android fanboy, but I don't think WP7 has proved itself worthy just yet. That's another good thing about Android, I am totally prepared to sign a contract or slap down a chunk of cash for one because I got to try it on a miscellaneous device first.