Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

After owning two Fujitsus, I wouldn't recommend them to someone who drops her laptop twice a day.

Also look at Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, and Dell. All offer tablet offerings with stylus input.
I asked dell and they didn't know if it was pressure sensitive and the interwebs are not too hopeful
After owning two Fujitsus, I wouldn't recommend them to someone who drops her laptop twice a day.
Well, that explains the hard drive failure in the old one. That is who made it. :lol:

I asked dell and they didn't know if it was pressure sensitive and the interwebs are not too hopeful

Well, that explains the hard drive failure in the old one. That is who made it. :lol:

I was going to ask which Dell did you ask about, but then i remembered that XT2 uses N-Trig digitizers The most important thing to ask is whether the system uses a Wacom digitizer or a N-Trig, apparently N-Trig's pressure sensitivity doesn't work in photoshop, which you probably use.

Lenovo and Fujitsu use Wacom, while HP's consumer line used N-Trig (for the multitouch) last I checked.

http://www.tabletpcreview.com/reviews/

I'd go there ^ for reviews and the forum. While a tad slow, they do know their stuff and should give you answers relatively quickly.

EDIT: Well this Fujitsu uses n-trig so i take it back...WTF....lol

EDIT 2: If you choose "pen input" under display type here: http://store.shopfujitsu.com/fpc/Ecommerce/tabletpcs-and-notebooks.jsp
the site will show only systems that are wacom equipped. I'm looking for any HP's or lenovo's

Last edited:
Holly fuck, is my rear case fan set to piss me off. At first, I noticed some rattle. I tightened the screws, looked around the area to see what part of the case rattles and the rattling stopped at medium fan speed. Now, warm weather is coming and I set the fans on high(I don't mind the air flow noise but the rattling is fucking driving me insane) and it rattles on medium and high. So, I took it out today, cleaned up any plastic residue in the holes caused by screwing it in, tested if it rattles when it's outside the case(it doesn't) and put it back in. Doesn't rattle. So I remember to clean my front dust filter and open the case, clean it, put it back together and the rattle is back.

384-epic-rage-face.jpg

It's a rattle coming from the case because if I put my finger and press it near one of the screws, it stops. So, anyone had any succesfull results with either this

piciorusevibra.jpg

or this?

rama-din-cauciuc-xilence-xp-rf120.b.jpg

The previous rattle was dampened by me fussing about with the case grille for that fan. This time, it doesn't work. I'll be getting some of those rubber screws and that gasket looking thing :lol: and see what's what. Also, I'll be getting a Chieftec AF-1225PWM fan for the side vent. This one has a PWM/Molex connector. I use only one of them, right?

I was going to ask which Dell did you ask about, but then i remembered that XT2 uses N-Trig digitizers The most important thing to ask is whether the system uses a Wacom digitizer or a N-Trig, apparently N-Trig's pressure sensitivity doesn't work in photoshop, which you probably use.

Lenovo and Fujitsu use Wacom, while HP's consumer line used N-Trig (for the multitouch) last I checked.

http://www.tabletpcreview.com/reviews/

I'd go there ^ for reviews and the forum. While a tad slow, they do know their stuff and should give you answers relatively quickly.

EDIT: Well this Fujitsu uses n-trig so i take it back...WTF....lol

EDIT 2: If you choose "pen input" under display type here: http://store.shopfujitsu.com/fpc/Ecommerce/tabletpcs-and-notebooks.jsp
the site will show only systems that are wacom equipped. I'm looking for any HP's or lenovo's

Thank you sir, as now I have had reserches and know what I want is something equipped with some form of active digitizer. :)

Does anyone know of a good and free benchmark program?

Apparently they do not sell fujitsus in this state so there is no way I can figure out if I like one unless I buy it :|

Fujitsu's pretty much a online only entity in the states. A lot of govt's and corporate sales, but they've been trying to break into the consumer market as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Asus clearly does not want me to buy their magic tablet because I am not in england.

I bought it anyway. I can justify this purchese because MY MACBOOK IS STILL BROKEN APPLE WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU FIX THE GOD DAMN COMPUTER IT HAS BEEN LIKE OVER 2 WEEKS NOW DSIFLHGJKDFHGJFDBGJHHJ HOW DO I LIVE WITHOUT COMPUTER

Last edited:
Could anyone help me find a new tv? I have around ?500 to spend. 40 inch or more if possible. Iv tried looking and its confussing me, i just want the best for my money. Thanks if you can help.

kat that tablet is awesome. It'd be perfect if it could use the Transformer dock.

Asus clearly does not want me to buy their magic tablet because I am not in england.

I bought it anyway. I can justify this purchese because MY MACBOOK IS STILL BROKEN APPLE WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU FIX THE GOD DAMN COMPUTER IT HAS BEEN LIKE OVER 2 WEEKS NOW DSIFLHGJKDFHGJFDBGJHHJ HOW DO I LIVE WITHOUT COMPUTER
That's pretty sweet, puts mine to shame and i consider this thing pretty fast. 12" is huge. Can I ask how expensive it was or where you finally found it to buy?

I have to agree with Smib on the keyboard dock but maybe handwriting with a pen wouldvhelp. I not a huge fan of using this OSK and handwriting is awkward with your fingers.

Yeah 12" is pretty big I will need a larger purse :lol:
Though considering my #1 purpose there will be to draw on it that is more of a plus, Wacoms are very expensive in that size, my larger tablet cost something close to 400$ when I bought it and it is only like 9" and is just a regular graphics tablet.

It cost me about 1250 for the 64gb version (I could not find the 32gb one) from J&R. It seems to be selling like crazy and already getting hard to find. It doesn't have the fancy dock but it does come with a wireless keyboard.

In other news, I wiped my MBP's drive down to nothing, reinstalled, and transferred over only files for firefox, amsn, and mail. Guess what? Still drops signal on all three. No way that is software issues, I'll have to make my 6th or so trip to the apple store...

Last edited:
$1250 for that thing seems like a great deal.

Yeah 12" is pretty big I will need a larger purse :lol:
Though considering my #1 purpose there will be to draw on it that is more of a plus, Wacoms are very expensive in that size, my larger tablet cost something close to 400$ when I bought it and it is only like 9" and is just a regular graphics tablet.

It cost me about 1250 for the 64gb version (I could not find the 32gb one) from J&R. It seems to be selling like crazy and already getting hard to find. It doesn't have the fancy dock but it does come with a wireless keyboard.

In other news, I wiped my MBP's drive down to nothing, reinstalled, and transferred over only files for firefox, amsn, and mail. Guess what? Still drops signal on all three. No way that is software issues, I'll have to make my 6th or so trip to the apple store...
Yay congrats! W00t for J&R, I used to work across the street from there, was very hard to make myself not have the paycheck direct deposited to their account :p

It's an incredible deal when you consider it's 1000$ for the wacom cintiq, that is just a graphics tablet that has a screen and needs to be plugged into a computer to work, and apparently the screen on the acer is actually better.

Too bad such devices were out of my price range, maybe that will be my next upgrade in a few years. I don't draw but I really do prefer a stylus to touch screen just for normal usage, so much more precise. I might even try to find one that works with my capacitive screen but of course it's not the same because you can't "hover."