Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

There's a special place in hell for penny pinching corporate accountants who decided to use Sentellic touchpads in my Wind instead of Synaptics or even Alps.

/spent hours trying to get scrolling working and a actual working windows 7 driver installed and still....no joy.

I'm actualy considering going back to XP...not having scrolling's torturous. :p

There's a special place in hell for penny pinching corporate accountants who decided to use Sentellic touchpads in my Wind instead of Synaptics or even Alps.

/spent hours trying to get scrolling working and a actual working windows 7 driver installed and still....no joy.

There's a chance the XP driver will work in 7, or have you already tried that?

There's a chance the XP driver will work in 7, or have you already tried that?

never tried that, i thought that XP drivers didn't work in 7 due to the newish driver model...that could only be x64 though and i'm not running that on here. I've got some form of the sentellic 7 driver on here but no real differences in mouse control panel...i'll surely try the xp driver right now though.

never tried that, i thought that XP drivers didn't work in 7 due to the newish driver model...that could only be x64 though and i'm not running that on here. I've got some form of the sentellic 7 driver on here but no real differences in mouse control panel...i'll surely try the xp driver right now though.
There's also a chance it might not work :p

But it's saved me in the past. Installing Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire One, I bizarrely had to install the "launch control" program in Vista compatibility mode but it gave me full functionality of the keyboard function keys. Fortunately it had a Synaptics trackpad.

noiseblocker-nb-slics-blue-retailpack-4set-fan-decoupler_ies20394.jpg

Useless pieces of blue shit. That's all.

There's also a chance it might not work :p

But it's saved me in the past. Installing Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire One, I bizarrely had to install the "launch control" program in Vista compatibility mode but it gave me full functionality of the keyboard function keys. Fortunately it had a Synaptics trackpad.

Must spread some mouse drivers before ...

After trying some xp sentellic drivers i found, I installed the synaptics driver and surprise! it worked! Odd since most of the U100's are sentellic. oh well :D

Last edited:

It's the one they reserve for child molesters and people who speak in the theatre :D

Are you fucking kidding me.
I got the laptop back today, they just replaced the airport again. YOU DID THAT LAST WEEK THAT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE BROKEN PART.

I am so fucking sick of this. On the upside at least I seem to have fixed my hard drive issue on the old one when I ripped it apart, I guess it was a loose connection or something so at least it has been working properly while the last one is still not working weeks later.

Actually that is hilarious, I am better at fixing macs without the use of spare parts than the actual apple techs. WTF.

Last edited:
Are you fucking kidding me.
I got the laptop back today, they just replaced the airport again. YOU DID THAT LAST WEEK THAT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE BROKEN PART.

I am so fucking sick of this. On the upside at least I seem to have fixed my hard drive issue on the old one when I ripped it apart, I guess it was a loose connection or something so at least it has been working properly while the last one is still not working weeks later.

Actually that is hilarious, I am better at fixing macs without the use of spare parts than the actual apple techs. WTF.

facepalm.jpg

Well, there aren't that many parts to replace at that point... If you're not getting full bars then the antennas might be the issue, otherwise I'm going to guess that the issue is software, either your wireless router or Mac OS X related. Have you tried resetting your router or reinstalling Mac OS X?

Well, there aren't that many parts to replace at that point... If you're not getting full bars then the antennas might be the issue, otherwise I'm going to guess that the issue is software, either your wireless router or Mac OS X related. Have you tried resetting your router or reinstalling Mac OS X?

I did a CLEAN INSTALL and had nothing but firefox installed and it STILL did it. The router isn't the issue, because it was working fine with it before. It hasn't dropped since I got it back, but it's only been a an hour or two I have actually been using it so we shall see. Either way it is a rather massive fail on apple's fault as if it was the last airport card too then they are having a 2/3 failure rate for me and that is rather unacceptable. :|

Are there major differences between the 560 and the 560 TI? Or are they the same GPU at base? For example, can I SLI my card with this one? The latter is incredibly cheap for a 560, at $180, and I'm wondering if I should keep my eyes on it. This one is similarly priced.

Last edited:
Are there major differences between the 560 and the 560 TI? Or are they the same GPU at base? For example, can I SLI my card with this one? The latter is incredibly cheap for a 560, at $180, and I'm wondering if I should keep my eyes on it. This one is similarly priced.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4344/nvidias-geforce-gtx-560-top-to-bottom-overclock

So no, you can't run 560 Ti in SLI with a 560. It's basically a neutered 560 Ti, worth saving up another 20-30 bucks to get a budget 560 Ti anyways.

Started using my Blackberry again, was looking into Sim Only deals though and they are all crap, sticking with my iPhone it is then!

You're far better off with the iphone anyway! :p

When I was shopping for my build I was looking at the 560Ti too, but like some forum members pointed out it's worth it to find an extra ?100 and go for a higher end card like a 570.
Unless ofcourse you don't do a lot of gaming, then a 560Ti will furfill all your needs :p

http://www.marco.org/2011/06/03/nook-simple-touch-review

Quite a sad ripoff of the Kindle, and the small improvements arent enough to move me from the Amazon camp, too late and too little, Amazon will come out with the next gen kindle soon, B&N released something comparable to last year's kindle :/