Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Were you using a clean oem version of 7, or the disc or whatever that came with the tablet? I've had excellent driver support, with the only annoyance coming from ATI, because their driver packages are piles of shit.

I don't have an external dvd/cd drive so I was using what came on the tablet, I have had the same issue (using a win7 disk I fucking PAID for) on both duel booting my mbp and on the dell desktop. I also know enough people having the same issue with their win 7 computers that there is no way in hell it is just a coincidence, especially when the not tablet computers were fine before I upgraded from vista and XP to 7.

Wait, turns out I was wrong. Apparently the control panel for the tablet will load up if it is plugged in but it will crash and lock up the computer if I actually try and use the tablet.

So yeah, every time I want to use my graphics tablet, which has dedicated drivers for Windows 7 64-bit I might add, I need to re-install the drivers and RESTART THE COMPUTER.

Seriously? What the fuck? I wouldn't mind but with an attention span like mine by the time I've gone through all the hassle I can't even be arsed drawing any more anyway. Got to say, although I find 7 better than Vista I'm getting really tired of jumping through hoops to get simple things to work. It took 2 months to get the damn surround sound working FFS, I shouldn't even need to configure that.

Sent my N900 to the service (is that the right word?) due to the paint breaking away from the keyboard. The phone has been on it's trip two weeks now. I'm afraid of getting back a N8 if they won't change the keyboard since N900s haven't been made for some time.

Apple has agreed to replace my computer finally, only I noticed a glaring issue
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/ho...OKPRO-15-INCH&cp=CONFIGURE-MACBOOKPRO-15-INCH
I have a 2.66 GHz 15", they don't offer that anymore, only a 2.2 quad core. The internet informs me pretty much the only thing that actually can benefit from a quad core that I use is like photoshop. I am screwed?

No not really, you're getting a more powerful system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

Accept the replacement and enjoy it!

Ok good, I was worried. :lol:
I searched for comparisons of dual vs quad core and the entire first page said not to buy a quad core. :|

Some of them, some were from 2010.

Oh I just noticed that you're getting the high-end 2.2GHz with better graphics :)
Don't worry, you'll do just fine with that :-D

Apple has agreed to replace my computer finally, only I noticed a glaring issue
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/ho...OKPRO-15-INCH&cp=CONFIGURE-MACBOOKPRO-15-INCH
I have a 2.66 GHz 15", they don't offer that anymore, only a 2.2 quad core. The internet informs me pretty much the only thing that actually can benefit from a quad core that I use is like photoshop. I am screwed?

That quad core will turn into a 3.2 GHz dual core or 3.3 GHz single core if you're not using all of the cores.

It's also a newer architecture that's faster and more efficient at any clock speed.

And 5400rpm hard dries in laptops with those starting prices is unacceptable if you ask me.

Last edited:
Honestly it could be slightly slower than my now one and I would just be happy if it works. Who wants to bet I will get it home and it will break again?

If it breaks again then I will start suspecting that the issue is actually located between the chair and the keyboard :p

In other news, I just upgraded my old 1.66GHz Core Duo Mac Mini with a nice and shiny 2GHz Core 2 Duo :-d

Who said a Mac can't be upgraded? :p

If it breaks again then I will start suspecting that the issue is actually located between the chair and the keyboard :p

Short of me somehow acquiring electrocution super powers or something I am not sure how I am ruining everything.

Well I know how I ruin SOME THINGS. If this computer was broken I would not even be slightly surprised as the left side is caved in from dropping it and shit like that, but no, it is obviously still working as I am still online and just drew this in photoshop while being online watching a video talking on MSN and downloading a torrent. So logically I should bang the broken one against the wall until it fixes itself. This logic also applies to my car, which is most functional when I do stupid things like drive it over curbs as high as it's ground clearance. :|