Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

The Ram? A pickup isn't very you. :p

The Ram? A pickup isn't very you. :p

:lol: I see what you did there. :p

Get a car. Ram can wait.

Meh I know I should save up for the car but it's not like 40 bucks being spent next week will mean the difference between getting a car and not, as I only have 75 dollars at the moment.

Possibly silly question, but what sort of cases do you guys have for your electronics.

I was wondering if it was worthwhile to get cases/covers for your cellphones and other electronics and whatnot. For a laptop, I have my backpack which has the pouch, so that's not the main concern. I mostly have problems scratching my phones for no reason. I never drop them or anything or slam them real hard but they sometimes get paint chips and scratches and I'm wondering if covers alleviate that or cause a whole bunch of other problems.

I have one of those Body Glove things for my crappy cell phone. I have to say for at least my phone and in my situation it has been worth the $20 or $30 it was (it's lasted for about a year, but I need to change it out for the other one I have since this one is falling apart now). I have rarely dropped my current phone compared to my old phone. Part of that is because I have really small hands and I just always failed to grasp my phone from a pocket or etc. It sort of helps protect the screen a bit because the screen isn't as tall as the case sits (so it doesn't immediately contact the ground when you drop it).

I think some sort of case would've probably helped my PSP screen since it is all scratched up and stuff. My DSes don't suffer from screen issues since I don't care about the plastic on the outside being scratched. My 6-7 year old DS gray brick has no stickers left and is pretty scratched up on the outside, but the inside screens are some of the most well maintained with only a couple of scratches on the touch screen.

Possibly silly question, but what sort of cases do you guys have for your electronics.

I was wondering if it was worthwhile to get cases/covers for your cellphones and other electronics and whatnot. For a laptop, I have my backpack which has the pouch, so that's not the main concern. I mostly have problems scratching my phones for no reason. I never drop them or anything or slam them real hard but they sometimes get paint chips and scratches and I'm wondering if covers alleviate that or cause a whole bunch of other problems.

I've bought only off contract eBay handsets that have never really been nice enough for me to justify a case.

When i use my upgrade on the Galaxy S II or Droid 3, believe me...it'll be going in a OtterBox Defender within days.

I've got an OtterBox case on my BlackBerry, and me being a bit clumsy it has probably saved my phone numerous times. The guy who sold me it was one hell of a salesman though, he put his own BlackBerry into the case and tossed it around the room a few times to demonstrate how well it works :lol:

So I decided to give YouTube's "Cosmic Panda" update a try, just out of curiosity, given that Youtube usually updates things that never actually needed a change.

I actually like the changes... D:

I have one of those Body Glove things for my crappy cell phone. I have to say for at least my phone and in my situation it has been worth the $20 or $30 it was (it's lasted for about a year, but I need to change it out for the other one I have since this one is falling apart now). I have rarely dropped my current phone compared to my old phone. Part of that is because I have really small hands and I just always failed to grasp my phone from a pocket or etc. It sort of helps protect the screen a bit because the screen isn't as tall as the case sits (so it doesn't immediately contact the ground when you drop it).

I think some sort of case would've probably helped my PSP screen since it is all scratched up and stuff. My DSes don't suffer from screen issues since I don't care about the plastic on the outside being scratched. My 6-7 year old DS gray brick has no stickers left and is pretty scratched up on the outside, but the inside screens are some of the most well maintained with only a couple of scratches on the touch screen.

I've had problems with some cases not being fixed tightly enough or falling off too easily, and I've always had problems with the fingerprint proof cover leaving some sort of streak or adhesive goo on it when removed or otherwise with time.

I've bought only off contract eBay handsets that have never really been nice enough for me to justify a case.

When i use my upgrade on the Galaxy S II or Droid 3, believe me...it'll be going in a OtterBox Defender within days.

I looked into otterbox and it seems like it's more robust, but how does it protect the galaxy S II's touch screen. That's the part I didn't understand or couldn't see rather from the picture.

I've got an OtterBox case on my BlackBerry, and me being a bit clumsy it has probably saved my phone numerous times. The guy who sold me it was one hell of a salesman though, he put his own BlackBerry into the case and tossed it around the room a few times to demonstrate how well it works :lol:

I wish someone would do that for me, that would be awesome! :lol:

I looked into otterbox and it seems like it's more robust, but how does it protect the galaxy S II's touch screen. That's the part I didn't understand or couldn't see rather from the picture.

All of the cases besides the Reflex line have a screen protector:

20101012-defender-series-banner.jpg

No case for my phone, I hate those things, also they mean you can't get your phone into a fitted holder anymore, which sucks. To me a phone is a consumable, it needs to last long enough to serve the contract it's on, and it's worthless after that anyways. Scuffs, scratches etc are like battle-scars to a phone. Laptop is usually carried in a laptop I got for free at the Duthc VMUG convention 2 years ago. Not really a laptop bag, but it has a bit of padding anyways. Besides, I don't move my laptop that much.

No case for my phone, I hate those things, also they mean you can't get your phone into a fitted holder anymore, which sucks. To me a phone is a consumable, it needs to last long enough to serve the contract it's on, and it's worthless after that anyways. Scuffs, scratches etc are like battle-scars to a phone. Laptop is usually carried in a laptop I got for free at the Duthc VMUG convention 2 years ago. Not really a laptop bag, but it has a bit of padding anyways. Besides, I don't move my laptop that much.

QFT.

Wanna fuck up your TV and lose a good 2 hours?
Use an LCD cleaner, which I didn't know is made from chalk and cooking oil.

It's still greasier than Jessica Simpsons thighs.

Otterbox or CaseMate are the only cases I will buy.

I love my Vibrant's Casemate Case. It's saved me from harm numerous times. I do not use a screen protector and have no scratches on my screen even though i keep it in the same pocket with my cigar cutter and keys.

Anyone remember a long time ago when apple used to include holders with their ipods? I like cases with belt clips and they are getting harder to find :(

Not really. They are the ones that you have interacted with in some way recently. Not necessarily talked to them. You may have just clicked on one of their pictures, or both of you had commented on something.

Are the friends on the left hand side of your facebook profile the last to visit your page? (in no order)

I don't think so, in fact until recently my profile would constantly show the exact same people over and over in that area.

Edit:

Not really. They are the ones that you have interacted with in some way recently. Not necessarily talked to them. You may have just clicked on one of their pictures, or both of you had commented on something.

Really? That's odd, I have a few people I haven't interacted with in ages there.

They could have clicked on your profile. It's not necessary something you did - it can be triggered by their actions too.