Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

So I am getting the kids an XBox with Kinect as a housewarming. There is a 4GB one and a 250GB one but I can't seem to find anything that explains the differences to give me an idea of whether I should spend the extra money.

Anyone got any clues?

Thanks.

ostly for downloadable content - either additional content for existing games, or whole games. Or, if you store movies or music on it...

Reactions: MWF
Thanks 'joe. Given that the price difference is ?36 I was probably going to go for that one anyway but I just needed to know why I should.

Have some green goo.

ostly for downloadable content - either additional content for existing games, or whole games. Or, if you store movies or music on it...

Wasn't there a problem with Red Dead Redemption(I think) that something didn't work with the 4gb model of either the PS3 or 360. Any, you're better off with the 250gb model. And it's not that big of a price hike.

Another vote for 250. Even if you think you won't use the space at first, over time, all the little things add up, and it's way more expensive to buy a hard drive separately.

Worth it just to be able to install the games on the HDD. The disc drive is so noisy, it's really nice to shut it up.. :p

Another one for the 250, price difference seems small enough and possible utility (like games that can be donwloaded directly instead of having to swap the disks) is huge.

Bleh, my friend's laptop died, looks like the mobo bit the dust so time for laptop shopping.

For you driving sim fans.

More news on laptop, she realized that at some point I made her get extended warranty and she can have it fixed for free! Yay! On a sadder note now I don't get to go laptop shoping with her to J&R :(

Dropbox works like a charm. Except the upload rates.

Those rates are limited to your upload and the software limits that automaticly in the settings.
Actually you can blame amazon for the poor upload! or download

Last edited:
Yeah, it kinda sucks because I've got this

1444586288.png

And it was uploading at a maximum of 100kbps
You'da been better off setting up an FTP server on your machine.... Also holly crap how is Romanian internet faster than mine? US is REALLY behind the curve...

You'da been better off setting up an FTP server on your machine.... Also holly crap how is Romanian internet faster than mine? US is REALLY behind the curve...

Try Australian internet - Its agricultural to put it lightly.