Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

As do I :) (currently occupied by a Pioneer navigation system :p)

Same here, although it would be absolutely bonkers to shove something as awesome as that into my shitty car :p

I will likely seriously look into importing that come tax return time. Unless of course it turns out to suck.

sdxc64.PNG

64GB microSD card arrives.

Now I'm jealous of Europeans, not only do you get cool driving roads (well at least cooler than anything I could find in the North East) but also you get an Android powered headunit.

Meh, driving around is so last century:

boeing-android.jpg

Looks like Boeing's decided to get in bed with Android a mile-high in the sky. The aerospace company has exclusively selected Google's mobile OS as the might behind its new class of 787 Dreamliners' in-flight entertainment. Currently in production jets, of which there are over 800 plus orders, will get outfitted with either a Panasonic or Thales model of the 7- to 17-inch screens. And in a strange twist of luxury privileges, first and business class passengers won't get to enjoy the touchscreen tech, as their monitors will be too large and too far out of reach. Instead, an alternate gesture-based control method is being explored by the company for elite travelers, although nothing's been solidified. Don't expect the planes to launch with the typical Android market experience, either -- apparently, "airline-specific apps" are on the way for the nascent fleets' launch. Now, if only they could replace those flight attendants with little green robots.

Source

:p

Last edited:
You can tell iTunes to save songs to the folder on your external harddrive and if it's filed correctly, it should automatically go through and find each song.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/ct/ctn91/2011/09/18/sdfjklsdjfkl.jpg

[video=youtube;hIk_-BUeozg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIk_-BUeozg[/video]

Wow, that seems like a lot of work, but if you want to get subs and stuff on Youtube, I guess that you would have to do all of this to succeed. :blink:

I want to get a tablet. I've been doing research, and I really like the Asus EEE Transformer. However, this is what I found:

Q: Does the Transformer support Java supported websites?
A. No, the Transformer does not support Java supported websites when using the stock browser. Alternative browsers may, however.

Do such browsers exist? At school we used a Java based website (Blackboard). If I can't access that, then there is no point in getting the tablet.

I want to get a tablet. I've been doing research, and I really like the Asus EEE Transformer. However, this is what I found:

Do such browsers exist? At school we used a Java based website (Blackboard). If I can't access that, then there is no point in getting the tablet.

Perhaps Opera Mobile would but I'm not sure. Firefox for mobile might too.

I've never heard of any alternative browser being able to handle Java...

If you're going to try and get on BB, (i pity you btw, we have it's worse sibling, WebCT here) I'd recommend a Windows Tablet.

That said, when I was using BB at my old school, there was no need for me to ever use java plugins....I think they just say that so you have it if it needs it somehow.

Could you perhaps go to a store like best buy and try logging in from there using a tablet?

EDIT: No for firefox, and Mozilla isn't aware that anyone has a java plugin for mobile: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/815161#answer-175466

T
ried searching for insights on Opera's site...no dice.

Last edited:

Are you sure you need Java vs Java Script? Because I'm reasonably sure everything would work with the latter.

That is one of the main reasons I went for my Windows tablet. As far as I know, there's no browser Java for any mobile platform. There are of course major caveats, notably battery life and the weight and thickness of the device (while not terrible, it's nowhere near as thin and light as the Transformer). Windows 8 looks promising as well but that's all in the future as the Developer Preview is too early for daily use (not going to stop me :p)

Well blast...