Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

A couple of components of the audio setup I have here are powered from USB, I've been using an Apple single USB wall adapter but needed a second port so switched to the Signalex (Poundland) twin USB adapter that I got with the old HTC Touch HD that I bought and you know what?

The electronic noise is lower on the Poundland unit than on the Apple one! I'm really quite surprised.

Does anyone have any bias light solutions they've been really happy with?

I'm currently using a $6 clamp-on construction-style light (the kind with the aluminum reflector), but it's pretty jank.

1630986746259.png

The worst part is that the bulb is visible when you're standing in the room.

Any suggestions?

For some reason, I don't like the idea of bare led strip lights on the back of the monitor...I can't pinpoint why.

FINALLY Whatsapp let me into the multi-device beta.

I don't like the platform at all but everyone uses it so I have to as well. At least now I can use it on my other devices without using my phone as the connection to the outside world.

I'm currently using a $6 clamp-on construction-style light (the kind with the aluminum reflector), but it's pretty jank.

View attachment 3562449

Any suggestions?

For some reason, I don't like the idea of bare led strip lights on the back of the monitor...I can't pinpoint why.

Govee has some lights that are meant to be used behind or next to a TV/monitor. There are similar available from other places too.

View attachment 3562449

Any suggestions?

I have LED strip lights on the back of my tv, with your pc right there, powering the lights should be easy, more so if the monitors have USB on them.

I have LED strip lights on the back of my tv, with your pc right there, powering the lights should be easy, more so if the monitors have USB on them.

The PC is moving under the desk once I stop being sick and can make the under-desk mount, but it'll still be close. For me, the LED strip lights look "unfinished, and bycause my monitors are pulled pretty far away from the wall, they are sort of visible when you enter the room from the right.

I'm thinking I may just pick up a small table top spot light lamp, something like this, and put in some sort of app-controlled dimmable/RGB bulb
1631128650016.png

Side note: this was the first result when searching "table top spot light lamp", and looking through the other product, I found this one. Who's buying a spotlight to shine straight up at their face from under their chin, so you're looking directly at a bare bulb? :lmao:

1631128769920.png

The PC is moving under the desk once I stop being sick and can make the under-desk mount, but it'll still be close. For me, the LED strip lights look "unfinished, and bycause my monitors are pulled pretty far away from the wall, they are sort of visible when you enter the room from the right.

I'm thinking I may just pick up a small table top spot light lamp, something like this, and put in some sort of app-controlled dimmable/RGB bulb
View attachment 3562473

Side note: this was the first result when searching "table top spot light lamp", and looking through the other product, I found this one. Who's buying a spotlight to shine straight up at their face from under their chin, so you're looking directly at a bare bulb? :lmao:

View attachment 3562474
Oh ok, yeah little desk spot would be a neat idea. Just.... aim at the wall and not your face.... :D

One of the best user interface idea in the history of computing has to be the attachment button in Outlook that drops down a menu containing
your most recent files. It's the polar opposite of the Volkswagen volume knob.

Skärmavbild 2021-09-10 kl. 22.52.15.png

Skärmavbild 2021-09-10 kl. 22.51.00.png

I never noticed it until driving my girlfriend's car this afternoon.

I never noticed it until driving my girlfriend's car this afternoon.
FinalGear colleteral damage. :D

Every time I drive my father's car (Peugeot) I turn the volume knob back to it's proper position (well, as close as possible, because it cannot be set dead straight :mad: ), and readjust the volume with the buttons on the steering wheel.

Every time I drive my father's car (Peugeot) I turn the volume knob back to it's proper position (well, as close as possible, because it cannot be set dead straight :mad: ), and readjust the volume with the buttons on the steering wheel.
If anyone were to ever reach for the volume knob in my old seat, I'd get close to screaming at them to keep their bloody hands off mah radio - 100% of volume adjustment was done on the steering wheel, yeah.

GM are boneheads when it comes to lots of little things but at least the power symbol stays the right way up when you twist the knob around it.

FinalGear colleteral damage. :D

Whenever I'm in a VAG product I do the opposite :devil:

Who owns the the site now?

Finally, the iPad mini gets updated... :love:

I have the original 2012 iPad mini, this will be a decent upgrade, I guess...

Anything would be a decent upgrade from the original iPad mini. I had that thing, on iOS 9.3.5, it was hopeless.

The iPhone 13 lineup seems interesting enough, I like the fact that they still kept the Mini around, although if I had the money, I'd go for the Pro (not Pro Max, though, as that one's just ginormous).

That being said, my next phone will most likely be an iPhone, as even Google Pixels are getting large according to the latest rumors. The SE 2nd-gen is serving me OK, but nothing more than that. The battery's pretty terrible, and so is the camera experience. However, I like iOS and the fact iOS devices are getting updates for seemingly forever, so I'm most likely staying with an iPhone. I just don't know which one it'll be.