Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

People that wear yellow clothes and drive heavy machinery for a living seem to like Ulefone phones these days. It looks like some of them could double as jacking pad.

People that wear yellow clothes and drive heavy machinery for a living seem to like Ulefone phones these days. It looks like some of them could double as jacking pad.

I love everything about it. Except I actually want the ability to be harder to get a hold of. "yes sorry, I have a flip phone, please call me if you need something."

The GDPO didn't select VW Connected Services when they ordered my car. I rectified this by installing a Webasto ThermoConnect for controlling the pre-heater.

I found some really nasty bugs in the iOS app right away. Instead of trying to contact Webasto or writing feedback in the App Store I sent an e-mail to the Finnish company that actually makes it. They got bought up by Webasto. I got a reply within a couple of hours, and I just noticed the app had been updated fixing exactly the bugs I reported. :D

Steve from GamerNexus returned a motherboard to NewEgg that he never opened. Just put an RMA address label on it to send it back. NewEgg said it was damaged and kept the $500.

Part II is nuts:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-eB_Bv5Ik

The whole thing is a giant screw up on Newegg's part. It shows how far they have allowed customer service to drop. It has also given voice to many not normally in a position to shine a light on a company like this.

You should also watch this video just to see Paul play with the implant.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADdxoewAdQw&t

I don't know anyone who is. :dunno:
Oh, I do. And is very public about his excitement about the possibilities, and also very public about how "You just don't understand the utility" any time someone brings up any of many many many many many many many scams, and the speculation.

Oh, I do. And is very public about his excitement about the possibilities, and also very public about how "You just don't understand the utility" any time someone brings up any of many many many many many many many scams, and the speculation.

The scams are the utility.

It's not a bug, it is a feature!

When the scam already has a name...

Not going to lie, I don't understand NFTs at all. Maybe I'm officially old. 50% chance of that, 100% chance it's because they're bullshit.

Not going to lie, I don't understand NFTs at all. Maybe I'm officially old. 50% chance of that, 100% chance it's because they're bullshit.
NFT itself has some utility to efficiently and quickly "prove" ownership of a digital asset. But...their uses so far are almost entirely speculation/pyramid schemes/money laundering. Just like the art collection world is, anyway.

NGL,
Your next case?

View: https://youtu.be/PfF_JgNvJfQ?t=669

the glass on the front is super dope.

But my NZXT S340 Elite is already too big.

And...holy hell, $650? eff no.

I wish I had built an mATX when I built this thing, so I could fit it under my desk.