Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Right, I have a random question to make, cause something's been bugging me. During a previous season, around the Christmas episodes, after The Stig had revealed himself, James said something really baffling. First Jeremy said something about how Stig learned the first thing you learn at school, then James continued by asking "Never take your jumper off while having a cigarette?" What did James mean by this? Is it a fire hazard, or something about the cigarette smoke? Or is it just something completely obvious which I can't see?

Light a cigarette, stick in your mouth then try to remove your shirt/sweater/jumper/whatever by pulling it over your head.
Obvious to anyone who smokes [ed].

Y'know, since crossing that river in the Amazon, Jeremy can no longer use "I have never used a tampon" when he plays the "I have never" game...

Just something that popped into my head when I should have been working. :lol:

Wish they had first featured Jason Castriota on Top Gear than the Car Show. And Many more proper car people.

JCworkingNYIAS.jpg

Last edited:
Y'know, since crossing that river in the Amazon, Jeremy can no longer use "I have never used a tampon" when he plays the "I have never" game...

Just something that popped into my head when I should have been working. :lol:

Do you think he still claims never to have braked on a motorway? I don't really buy that one - a touch of selective memory, I think

What episode and scene was it when James was talking about driving carefully and to not spill his curry?

Do you think he still claims never to have braked on a motorway? I don't really buy that one - a touch of selective memory, I think

Are you suggesting that Top Gear, which is an award winning fact based tv program, might not always have 100% accurate facts? ;)

Are you suggesting that Top Gear, which is an award winning fact based tv program, might not always have 100% accurate facts? ;)

Perish the thought!

It was quite, quite wrong of me to suggest that Clarkson is prone to making wild, self-aggrandising claims about his driving skills. :D

Talking of award-winning, I think they just won another "TV Choice" award. They must have a roomful of voted-for-by-the-public awards by now (unless I was reading about last year's by mistake)

Talking of award-winning, I think they just won another "TV Choice" award. They must have a roomful of voted-for-by-the-public awards by now (unless I was reading about last year's by mistake)
You're right, they have just won it a couple of days ago.

Snerk. Hrm... ;)

My work have moved to a new base which is further away and means I have to get up at 5:20am (I know, hear the world's smallest violin playing...) anyway there's a couple of Hammond related streets that I pass but Hammonds Ridge makes me smile every. single. day. It's the little things in life... :)

I work near a Mays Walk (well it wouldn't be "run", would it), which leads to Mays Barn

On my way to school my bus passes Richard Street, and James Street runs right next to my school. My friend is sure there's also a Jeremy Street somewhere in our town.
:D