Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

OK...Dave (UK channel that shows TG repeats) seems to be obsessed with the Paul McKenna ep...

I swear it is on practically every second week :blink:

Has anyone tried to make a Spotify playlist of Top Gear music?

It'd be straightforward, just time-consuming. As an example, I'm listening to "Hanging" (the choral stuff from the S-type diesel at the Nurburgring), by Craig Armstrong, at the moment.

To show it can be done, here is a Spotify playlist of all the music from Screenwipe and Newswipe, by Charlie Brooker.

The use of the Doves song "10:03" in the Jaaaaag XFR review is, I think, the most amazing pairing in all of series 13. It's also really, really rare that the sound editors let actual singing make it into the mix, so when they do it, it's a wollop. Same with the use of Rage Against the Machine in the Brooklands review....

I saw Doves in concert earlier this year, and they performed that song (and a lot of others that've been used on Top Gear over the years) That's Jimi Goodwin singing, probably the second-best voice to come out of the Manchester rock scene, after Guy Garvey of Elbow.

p.s. Live performance of 10:03 on Later with Jools

Last edited:
Saw the Ranulph Fiennes episode again today... cutting off your frostbitten fingertips with a black and decker!! JAYSUS!!!!!!!! *warms hands just in case there's a sudden windchill factor of -126C*

Has anyone tried to make a Spotify playlist of Top Gear music?

It'd be straightforward, just time-consuming. As an example, I'm listening to "Hanging" (the choral stuff from the S-type diesel at the Nurburgring), by Craig Armstrong, at the moment.

To show it can be done, here is a Spotify playlist of all the music from Screenwipe and Newswipe, by Charlie Brooker.
Oooh, I would love this.

The music they use for TG has always been fantastic.

Top Gear should throw a couple of old style reviews of new and old cars, like James testing the Murano and Bora.

Is this random enough? Why did I have a dream about a naked Jeremy Clarkson driving a car with no doors on that was full of pancakes?

Is this random enough? Why did I have a dream about a naked Jeremy Clarkson driving a car with no doors on that was full of pancakes?

That's not random, it's a clear indication you need professional help and most probably some very strong medication. ;)

Could be fairly random - let us submit this dream to a little psychoanalysis.

Freud would say that the lack of doors suggests a deep-rooted feeling of insecurity and fear of lack of privacy. The pancakes combine an inverted religious complex connected mainly to the season of Lent with a link to the simple, natural products of milk and eggs that go into their creation.

And a naked Jeremy Clarkson? This proves that Pebblepixie has an Oedipus complex with full gender reversal and sees in Mr Clarkson a mature male to be admired in an automative context.

In other words, she's probably a mucky bugger with a very lively imagination!

Freud would say that the lack of doors suggests a deep-rooted feeling of insecurity and fear of lack of privacy. The pancakes combine an inverted religious complex connected mainly to the season of Lent with a link to the simple, natural products of milk and eggs that go into their creation.

And a naked Jeremy Clarkson? This proves that Pebblepixie has an Oedipus complex with full gender reversal and sees in Mr Clarkson a mature male to be admired in an automative context.

Pure gold! Way to finish a pseudo-serious post with a killer punchline. A well-deserved +1 to you dear lady.

Oh God!! That scared me. It all sounds so plausible. Just as well I didn't tell you the rest of it. :shock:

There are some people I never want to see nekkid (yes, nekkid). Jezza definitely makes that list.

I'm trying my best to cover up that I have been on my sister's mac, because all the recommended vids are all TG vids on her youtube account.

I think, coming at it from a not-a-dude angle, if you look at most men with a dispassionate eye (in other words, without lust) when they're nekkid/sorry, naked, you would hardly describe them as the most glorious "work of the divine potter". For a start, there's all those bits.

Looked at with lust, of course, it's a whole new ball-game (snigger).

I wasn't looking with lust - not even my vivid imagination could conjure up a dream version of Mr Clarkson's vegetables. I did however, manage to wake myself up by laughing in my sleep (at the pancakes falling out of the car :wink:)

You see pancakes falling? Clearly, your case is worse than I thought!

Dr diti

Last edited:
After watching the most recent series, the episode with all the JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG stuff in it, I noticed Jeremy says "Boot full of stolen Video's" to James before they talk about the JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

WTF?!

i told one of my ex colleagues to update his ?facetube? hilarious WTF! faces ensued