Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

This has probably been asked several times but I can't find it.

What are the lads official twitter accounts?
I'm pretty sure I have James's (MrJamesMay) and Clarkson's (The one with him in funny glasses), but I'm not sure which one is Hammond's.
I saw that Clarkson said that him and James weren't going to follow him, so does anyone else here know which one is Richard's real account?

Edit: Nevermind, I found him by looking through who sniffpetrol's following. (Thehamsterscage)

Last edited:
For the record...

James ~ @MrJamesMay
Jeremy ~ @jcrclarksonesq
Richard ~ @thehamsterscage (If you have the Book of Face and like his page there, IMO, don't bother following the Twitter account as it just reposts the Facebook posts. I could go on about this a bit more, but I won't.)

A little while ago, some doof on espn.com wrote in a comment, "Doesn't the Man City manager look like the little guy from Top Gear?" (except, this being espn.com, the comment was made with no proper punctuation, capitalization, or syntax) I'm watching United/City right now, and every time the camera goes on Mancini, all I keep thinking is, "Jesus, he does look like Hammond." Admittedly, it does keep my mind off trying to figure out which lower simian Rooney most resembles today...

Ok, I might get a bit of heat on this but I dont think Richard drove the car during episode 15-5 where the Touareg went against the snow mobile. Richard isnt anywhere that good to drive the car that well. There were some drifts that were perfect. The only views of him driving without snow background is the straight at the end. I mean I get it, its taped for excitement and stuff but its not very good.

Last edited:
For the record...

James ~ @MrJamesMay
Jeremy ~ @jcrclarksonesq
Richard ~ @thehamsterscage (If you have the Book of Face and like his page there, IMO, don't bother following the Twitter account as it just reposts the Facebook posts. I could go on about this a bit more, but I won't.)

makes me want to get a twitter account, if only to follow those 3....

but i won't.

:nod:

(I posted this in "Random thoughts TGA" before I realised it doesn't actually have anything to do with TGA - left it there because I thought the "new show" mention might be interesting.)

Couple of interesting sentences from an interview with Jerry Seinfeld in the Mail on Sunday.

"I've been doing this new car show ? which is a secret, I?m not talking about it ? and in driving these other cars I re-confirmed to myself that the Porsche is the only properly designed automobile.

'I had dinner with Jeremy Clarkson to talk about going on Top Gear. I hadn?t realised that he dislikes Porsches quite a bit. So, in fact, we had absolutely nothing in common."

Presumably this means he didn't want to do SIARPC, which is a shame. He and Richard could have Porsche fan-boyed together.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...ant-talk-I-want-talk-about.html#ixzz1u6iA76vY

Last edited:
Is there any particular reason why Top Gear Live never comes to the US? Are the boys still a bit hostile towards us or is there one planned for the US series instead (which I'm still very iffy about)?

Also, I remember following and thinking 2 Twitter accounts were Clarkson and Hammond. I was duped! :mad:

Last edited:
Is there any particular reason why Top Gear Live never comes to the US? Are the boys still a bit hostile towards us or is there one planned for the US series instead (which I'm still very iffy about)?

Also, I remember following and thinking 2 Twitter accounts were Clarkson and Hammond. I was duped! :mad:

They're not hostile towards the USA at all, but where would they stage TG Live in the US and hope to fill a stadium (ie, make a profit)? The audience for the show is still pretty small over there (I think all of them are on Final Gear), and spread over a large number of population centres a long way apart. Just look at the locations of posters on this page alone - Florida, Maine, Texas, California...

There are US fans of the show that aren't on these boards.

The main two places they could conceivably go would be NYC and LA, which leaves out virtually any fan in between those two places, which would mean trying to put together a US tour, which would take a lot of time, which could be better spent working on the TV show. So while I'd love for TG Live to come to the US, I can understand why they don't.

During the Botswana special and GTR race you the boys talk about a man called by the sounds of it, "beer laudy". Who is this man?

During the Botswana special and GTR race you the boys talk about a man called by the sounds of it, "beer laudy". Who is this man?

Yes, Bill Oddie. He used to be a comedian and comedy writer back in the day. Nowadays he's known as an expert on wildlife, especially bird watching.

He is - in Clarkson's mind - as far removed from Top Gear as it's possible to get, hence using him for the mask on a stick. I actually think he's not such a bad old stick.

They added an R that's never there, jeez...

Something else that will be cool for the next series is a tribute to Carol Shelby. :)