Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
I just rewatched the sub-?1,500 not-Porsches challenge. What an amazing Top Gear this was, it was pure and real, with that, came genuine laughter. No James slipping on banana skins or Richard getting a custard pie in the face here.

Just watch it again guys, it's Top Gear how it was and more importantly, how it should be.

That American Girl

Car(s)
None, right now. Bye Bye Mustang. :-(
I just rewatched the sub-?1,500 not-Porsches challenge. What an amazing Top Gear this was, it was pure and real, with that, came genuine laughter.
I just watched that one last night. That, and the Vietnam special along with the British Leland one are completely re-watchable over and over for me.

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
As usual, I don't know where this should really go so I am going to put it here in hopes that someone who does know where it should go will put it there.

Do you live in California and have a passion for cars? Do you have a friend? Well this might interest you.

http://www.realitywanted.com/call/2...-southern-california-for-the-ultimate-car-fan

I would really like to see someone from here land this.

Also, cleaning the planes at Dunsfold.

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news...g-job-at-dunsfold-park-for-cleaners-1-5280453

ExitVisa

Car(s)
'03 WRX
I just rewatched the sub-?1,500 not-Porsches challenge. What an amazing Top Gear this was, it was pure and real, with that, came genuine laughter. No James slipping on banana skins or Richard getting a custard pie in the face here.

Just watch it again guys, it's Top Gear how it was and more importantly, how it should be.
When I first watched that episode & Hammond showed up I was amazed. He'd bought a 924 that looked exactly like the one I owned when I was stationed at Aviano, Italy in 1989. Well, except for the fact that the steering wheel in mine was on the other side.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
I'm so glad Jeremy and Richard made fun of James for saying "BUFFETING, BUFFETING!" I never understood why he did it and thought it had something to do with some inside joke like Bill Oddie which I thought they were saying "beer laudi."

Tzarrim

Perhaps the boys can redo the Reliant shuttle episode and ask Bieber to be the pilot, and then use 10 lbs of plastics to "break the bolts"

Hive

Car(s)
MTR
Hey, does anyone know if Series 14 Blu-ray episodes are edited in any way from the broadcast version?
For example, did they change the music?

Tzarrim

It's not only the music itself but generally it just doesn't fit in as well, is too loud or too silent and just doesn't seem to be produced at the same quality. One of the reasons I never bother with it.

Hive

Car(s)
MTR
Another question:
Do the episodes on the blu-ray retain the "BBC HD" watermark on the screen?

edit: found the answer (NO)

Last edited:

Hive

Car(s)
MTR
Is there a penis reference in every episode? (kinda like how there's a Superman reference in every Seinfeld episode).
Also, Jeremy seems to always say "we can edit that out."