Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Watching the interview Sky did with James at his front door. All I could think of is this:

:clarkson: "Is this one of your special hats?"

Richmondgal

Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
This popped up in my recommended videos sections on YT and I had no idea he was on This Is Your Life (let alone you guys actually had the show in the UK). It's one hell of a time capsule.

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Spotted these...

Four Five Eight

Car(s)
Audi A3 1.8t
Now I'm on edge waiting to see what happens with May's shepherd's pie.

Last edited:

RaphEmer

Car(s)
2010 Tucson
Well, I think we're seeing where James would like his future to be...having his own cooking show! Lovin' these videos.

Four Five Eight

Car(s)
Audi A3 1.8t
I sort of want to make a shepherd's pie now, also apparently those mashed potato squirty things aren't all that complicated you can just stick your goo in a bag and then cut a whole in the one of the edges on the bottom.
I also noticed that he put the milk in before the butter which I found interesting because I always put the butter in first in fear that it wouldn't melt properly if the milk brought down the temperature of the potato which I guess only makes sense until I remember that I've never had cold mashed potato after I added the milk.

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
Those videos were fun to watch. The special touches were esp nice. I hope he does more.

I agree. Add the butter first then the milk, but it seems to have worked ok.

Being from Louisiana, I can not even imagine the little bit of seasoning used.

I remember my northern relatives having a shrimp boil one time. To a big ole pot of water they pot like 2tbsp of seasoning from a bottle. We would have pot min 1 whole bottle and probably a large packet of dry seasoning as well.

It is crawfish high season around here right now and EVERY store you walk into had a big pile of different types of seasoning right at the door.

AMDX1325

Car(s)
VW Jetta MKV, Suzuki Aerio GS, MB 560SEL
hmmmm, James May's last video clearly has some secret message posted for us.
There's key chain w/ lego stig ,Dewalt cordless power Drill, toy locomotive, credit card w/ sissiors, ..its a code!! Now what does it mean??? what is James trying to tell us!!? :blink::D:|:mrgreen:

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
Don't forget the same top for the past week or so and a different funny hat every time he talks to the reporters.

Ayman

Those videos were fun to watch. The special touches were esp nice. I hope he does more.

Heh I've been looking for your input on these, because I remember you saying you'd watch anything he would do on the fracas thread ^^
These were indeed so much fun to watch.

"I was talking to the cat just now in case you thought I've gone completely mental"

That made me lol for a while.

jack_christie

Forum Addict
This popped up in my recommended videos sections on YT and I had no idea he was on This Is Your Life (let alone you guys actually had the show in the UK). It's one hell of a time capsule.

This Is Your Life - Jeremy Clarkson - Aired on Oct 25th 1996 when Jeremy Clarkson was 36.

On UK tv nearly as long as the USA.

Last edited:

ahpadt

Forum Addict
There's key chain w/ lego stig ,Dewalt cordless power Drill, toy locomotive, credit card w/ sissiors, ..its a code!! Now what does it mean??? what is James trying to tell us!!? :blink::D:|:mrgreen:

:hmm:

Ayman

I'd say don't get too carried away they were probably random mp4's he had on his computer and thought to integrate in the video in an artistic, subliminal fashion :D
Orrrrr ... It's a code.