Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

OK...Dave (UK channel that shows TG repeats) seems to be obsessed with the Paul McKenna ep...

I swear it is on practically every second week :blink:

actually your not far off there since that same episode was on Dave yesterday.

What is this?

http://img242.imageshack.**/img242/5134/wtfz.png

It appears in 5x09 i think,
I thought it was some english humour I couldn't understand, but then later I saw this

http://img196.imageshack.**/img196/5184/wtf2jh.jpg

who's that girl? and is that from a show or something??

I don't remember it being used in in the channels I know :p

It wasn't used in the US in my lifetime either. We have this instead:

istockphoto_267869-ntsc-tv-test-pattern.jpg

Sorry for the small bump but I want to share this: What's with Clarkson and Skodas all of the sudden? I mean I like them and think they're nice cars, but Clarkson hated them a while ago and now he chooses a Roomster as his cheap car(13x3) and the Octavia Scout as one of his favorites of this year?

Sorry for the small bump but I want to share this: What's with Clarkson and Skodas all of the sudden? I mean I like them and think they're nice cars, but Clarkson hated them a while ago and now he chooses a Roomster as his cheap car(13x3) and the Octavia Scout as one of his favorites of this year?

He's unpredictabe. Part of his charm.

Ok, another thing. Why do 13 issues of TG Mag UK cost ?35.50 for those in the UK and ?89 for me to get them? I would pay ?35 to get it without hesitation. Do I live in some sort of remote village where the postman has to swim 10 km upstream and fight wild bears and wolfs just to give me my magazine? And from what I've heard, no DVDs or extras for us as well.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this thread up again but I don't want to start a new one for something like this. Does anybody got a link on the BMW commercial people thought was filmed by the TG crew? I would search for it but the forums don't find anything with less than 4 characters.

Ok, another thing. Why do 13 issues of TG Mag UK cost ?35.50 for those in the UK and ?89 for me to get them?

The difference in international versus domestic postage rates, I imagine. As to why the international versions are missing the "media" extras (like the DVDs), it could be licensing issues restricting distribution outside of the UK.

The Daily Mail was raging about Top Gear's ?200k per episode budget (I think they admitted the budget was a guesstimate) a while ago.

Comparison : Stargate Universe has a $2 million per episode budget, and gets roughly a third of the viewerage (2 mill as opposed to the 6 mill TG usually gets).

Sometimes life doesn't seem too fair...

TG has a huge worldwide audience they are just idiots - not fit for putting Fish and Chips in - if you were allowed to these days (H&S banned that back in the 70's). Money Mail (investments and banks etc.), strangely, is very good.

What is this?

http://img242.imageshack.**/img242/5134/wtfz.png

It appears in 5x09 i think,
I thought it was some english humour I couldn't understand, but then later I saw this

http://img196.imageshack.**/img196/5184/wtf2jh.jpg

who's that girl? and is that from a show or something??

[YOUTUBE]t8TcuSCmBE0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
not fit for putting Fish and Chips in - if you were allowed to these days (H&S banned that back in the 70's).

I could've sworn I recently got fish and chips wrapped in newspaper...

It might have been wrapped in greaseproof paper and then in newspaper, mind you, which seems an ideal compromise.

Sorry to bring this thread up again but I don't want to start a new one for something like this.

No, you are OK. Random Thoughts (TG) is meant for this kind of rubbish question. :p

Does anybody got a link on the BMW commercial people thought was filmed by the TG crew?

I would search for it but the forums don't find anything with less than 4 characters.

Which episode was that?

There was a VW commercial in S13 which they did and got into loads of trouble for.
:)

or now :p

The Daily Mail was raging about Top Gear's ?200k per episode budget (I think they admitted the budget was a guesstimate) a while ago.

That's it? Wow.

Now for my random thought. Maybe "reportage of random happening" would be a better term.

Several weeks ago, my friend S and I were at work, discussing how she wanted to learn American Sign Language (ASL). After teaching her the few signs I know, we both bemoaned the fact that we didn't know the sign for "boring". That very evening I went home and watched the episode of Top Gear waiting on my DVR. The SIARPC--I can't remember now who it was--taught Jezza the ASL for "boring."

A few weeks later, S announced her plan to attempt to swim the English Channel in 2011. Much excitement was expressed; plans for a field trip to accompany her were initiated. That night I went home and watched the episode of Top Gear waiting on my DVR. It was the one where they attempt to cross the Channel in their amphibious vehicles.

I swear, it's like it knows.

Several weeks ago, my friend S and I were at work, discussing how she wanted to learn American Sign Language (ASL). After teaching her the few signs I know, we both bemoaned the fact that we didn't know the sign for "boring". That very evening I went home and watched the episode of Top Gear waiting on my DVR. The SIARPC--I can't remember now who it was--taught Jezza the ASL for "boring."

Trevor Eve (7x01).

A few weeks later, S announced her plan to attempt to swim the English Channel in 2011. Much excitement was expressed; plans for a field trip to accompany her were initiated. That night I went home and watched the episode of Top Gear waiting on my DVR. It was the one where they attempt to cross the Channel in their amphibious vehicles.

I swear, it's like it knows.

Your DVR must be haunted. ;)

I wasn't in an episode, it was an M-sport commercial, if I recall correctly, that was filmed on an airfield and featured filming techniques almost identical to those found on TG.

Ah, I see! I had not understood your post before.

Well if the TG film crew shot an advert in the UK (Dunsfold?) for BMW M-Sport, then maybe these guys would have heard about it.
Bimmer Forums UK
:)

Your DVR must be haunted. ;)

Yes, by a strange and spiteful something that follows me around all eavesdroppy-like, then dashes home to change whatever's on my DVR to an episode of Top Gear that somehow relates to something that happened at work before I can plop onto the couch and watch it.

If only I could train the strange and spiteful something to magically fill my DVR with unbutchered episodes instead!