Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

A one- or two-fingered salute, I'd hope!

A spokeswoman said: ?Let?s see if he can keep up with our over-50s travellers!?

I'm pretty sure he could.

They'd give him a good deal on his car insurance, though.

I was wondering: Do the live audiences get to watch the review scenes or races on the spot there? Or does the presenter introduce the scene, then they just keep filming pretending that they saw the scene?

I think they do watch it, I've read a blog of someone who's been to a recording and described everything from the audience's point of view

Last edited:
I was wondering: Do the live audiences get to watch the review scenes or races on the spot there? Or does the presenter introduce the scene, then they just keep filming pretending that they saw the scene?

The audience get to see it. The presenter introduces the film and then the audience all watch it on the monitors and then they break and move the cameras around for the next segment.

Just a heads up, people.

Jeremy will be on Wossy this Friday (23rd).

I don't know if he was a last minute stand in, or if he was meant to be in it all along, because Robert Downey Jr. and Demi Moore cancelled because Bjork exploded or something.

Just a heads up, people.

I don't know if he was a last minute stand in, or if he was meant to be in it all along, because Robert Downey Jr. and Demi Moore cancelled because Bjork exploded or something.

Cheers dude!

It's a bit of a running joke between him and Ross that he only gets invited on when someone else has cancelled

It's a bit of a running joke between him and Ross that he only gets invited on when someone else has cancelled

It was either him or Ricky fucking Gervais. So I'm happy :)

The audience get to see it. The presenter introduces the film and then the audience all watch it on the monitors and then they break and move the cameras around for the next segment.
So do they arrange the people as well? Do they tell this group of attractive girls to stand more in front or is it completely random?

Just a heads up, people.

Just starting now, BBC 1 :smile:

So do they arrange the people as well? Do they tell this group of attractive girls to stand more in front or is it completely random?

It is mostly random, it's just luck - or sharp elbows - who manages to be at the front, but occasionally a pretty girl will be put at the front by one of the crew (or indeed one of the boys) mostly when Jeremy is doing his BBC World voice over things. They don't just go round and put all the pretty girls at the front.

Do the audience go knowing what car they'll be showcasing in the studio or who's the special guest?

From the Wikipedia entry about the Morris Marina:

The low survival rate is due to a combination of factors, chief amongst which is the Marina's relatively poor rust-proofing as well as its high likelihood of being below a falling piano.

I wonder how long it'll stay that way.