Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Some of the peeps from FastLaneDaily discuss (or failed to) about why Top Gear is better than anything:

If you remember, we didn't see a lot of James last year, as he had various and sundry side projects at the time (the moon documentaries and Toy Stories -- the latter of which was very time consuming) which kept him from doing many solo films. I imagine it's the same with Richard for S15. Blast Lab's third series is airing now; I bet that was filmed over the spring. Plus, he's been working on a third series of Engineering Connections.

Yeah, and it's not like Hamster disappeared form the series. He did the Lacetti goodbye, did all the challenges, goofed around enough. I don't see so much difference than all the other series, tbh.

EDiT: Oi, 1000 posts... ain't that something to celebrate? :lol:

Rewatched S15E01 today. I have a sudden urge to flip over a Reliant Robin, but noone is close.

Was this you then?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-10942752
Reliant Robin attack blamed on 'Top Gear copy cats'

A Cornish motorist claims vandals who turned over his Reliant Robin car were copying a stunt on the BBC television show Top Gear.

Barry Cloughton's car was left on its side twice in 48 hours outside his home in St Austell.

Mr Cloughton, 78, said he did not blame the show but called it a "copy-cat attack".

The TG Facebook page (and later verified by the BBCA website) reports that Series 15 will air on BBC America starting September 27. That's a pretty quick turnaround for a recent series...not that there's anything wrong with that.

And the week after Series 5 finishes, no less!

I just noticed an interesting trend while watching an old TG repeat on Dave.

Apart from the obligatory car insurance commercial, the products advertised in the last break were sanitary towels, mascara, hair dye, a laundry detergent and Febreze. In the middle of a car show, on a channel aimed at blokes.

Now while I know TG claims almost a 50:50 male to female demographic but come on! There surely aren't that many hungover Not a Dudes watching TG repeats on a Sunday lunchtime to justify that mix?

Because we're worth it?

/gets coat.

I doesn't matter what they advertise. Everyone mutes the commercials anyway.

Usually when it airs on BBCA, there's at least one commercial for Enthusiast Apparel within the timeslot. Aside from that...don't pay a ton of attention, really.

Once every few months I get a completely random thought of this music video

Thank you Top Gear <_<

Now that the Stig has been outed, it seems that I have an uncontrollable urge to yell "Hi Ben!" and wave whenever he appears. o_O

I think we need to add a Ben Collins smiley. :jeremy::hamster::stig::james: :lol:

I just noticed an interesting trend while watching an old TG repeat on Dave.

Apart from the obligatory car insurance commercial, the products advertised in the last break were sanitary towels, mascara, hair dye, a laundry detergent and Febreze. In the middle of a car show, on a channel aimed at blokes.

Now while I know TG claims almost a 50:50 male to female demographic but come on! There surely aren't that many hungover Not a Dudes watching TG repeats on a Sunday lunchtime to justify that mix?

Were there other ad breaks that contained nothing but manly products? I think there probably is a 50:50 split between the sexes of viewers but how very sexist to determine that laundry detergent and Febreeze are woman's things

*tuts*
*gets out her feminism card*
*realises she doesn't have one*
*flounces off with a flick of her long hair*

Here? *points to FTPs*