Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Ohhh.... Good find!

Here's the one of Jeremy in a nurses uniform: http://img818.imageshack.**/img818/7819/nurseclarksonsez.jpg

Can't believe I missed the "Who would I shag" discussion. Although I do try and keep those opinions off FG :p

That's exactly the one I meant! Hurrah! Well done you :)

Can't do James in a catsuit, but thanks to the wonder that is my housemate's twisted mind, I can provide James as Frank N Furter from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, if that helps: http://www.grimeteam.co.uk/Frankenfurter.jpg

Back in 2007, she also came up with a Top Gear nativity to rival last year's road trip... http://www.mynetimages.com/62ce542f_md.jpg

Why yes, my house mate is completely bonkers. How else do you think she puts up with me?

Oh, those are great!

I'm sure my brain is going to explode from all of this insanity...but the pics are still great!

:blowup: Yep, I was right!

Late to the party as always. Suvival of the species? Richard all the way.. May as well go with a huge smile on my face.. He's fit - he can hunt for meat - Ill cook. Plus it's well known that Jeremy and James go out of their way to avoid a fight. So who else but Richard would defend my maidenly virtue should there be threats? (He'd be well rewarded)

Plus it's well known that Jeremy and James go out of their way to avoid a fight.

There is evidence to suggest that this is a better survival technique

If this is a survival thing involving hunting, mending things, fending off predators and generally avoiding being a pillock all around, I honestly see no hope for Clarkson and Hammond!

Bought this today for ?2.99 in the shop, but it's online too.

James May How to - A330 (Paperback)

Linky

If this is a survival thing involving hunting, mending things, fending off predators and generally avoiding being a pillock all around, I honestly see no hope for Clarkson and Hammond!

Well, Jeremy's problem is two-fold: 1) He hates manual labour, and 2) he thinks anything and everything can be mended with a hammer.

I have more hope for Richard. :nod:

Lots of people prefer older episodes of Top Gear.
However, I like the format they have now over the episodes done before Series 9 (or 10).
For example: Cool Wall, Point Challenges, and Top Gear Dog were all a bit lame, imo.

They've really cut out the "fat", don't you guys think?

They did overdo the Cool Wall, but the concept is still valid. Plus, it still has its legion of fans here. They've also cut down on the Point Challenges, which they also overdid. Top Gear Dog was liked by at least one being: Richard's bull mastiff, who kept trying to mate with her. But you did forget something: Top Gear Stuntman was introduced in Series 11.

Last edited:
I miss the point keeping in challenges. Or I should say, the semi-serious point keeping, not the joke points they have now, when they even bother to keep score. For me, it adds substance to the show. I've always said that it's easy to be entertaining, and it's also easy to be informative, but it's very difficult to be entertaining in an informative way, which was something TopGear nailed earlier in it's life. For example, the $10k supercar challenge always stands out. I know we've all browsed the classifieds/eBay for old Ferrari's and Lamborghini's and find models selling for half the price of a new Ford Focus and wonder to ourselves how cool it would be to buy one. Well, TopGear did an excellent segment on exactly what you could expect from an old cheap supercar. It was informative, but also hilarious, which is something that takes SKILL to produce. Buying used cars and crashing into each other? Easy, any incompetent moron could do that.

Buying used cars and crashing into each other? Easy, any incompetent moron could do that.

Hold on...let me write this down

i like the cool wall! i know it was a bit overdone like you said but i always made me laugh

and yeah, the old points challenges were really good, they're really funny but the challenges dont feel as if they were invented just so that everyone can fall over and catch fire, the things that go wrong are more genuine because the cars really are rubbish like the 10k supercars and the british leyland cars; one of my favourites :)

I miss the point keeping in challenges. Or I should say, the semi-serious point keeping, not the joke points they have now, when they even bother to keep score. For me, it adds substance to the show. I've always said that it's easy to be entertaining, and it's also easy to be informative, but it's very difficult to be entertaining in an informative way, which was something TopGear nailed earlier in it's life. For example, the $10k supercar challenge always stands out. I know we've all browsed the classifieds/eBay for old Ferrari's and Lamborghini's and find models selling for half the price of a new Ford Focus and wonder to ourselves how cool it would be to buy one. Well, TopGear did an excellent segment on exactly what you could expect from an old cheap supercar. It was informative, but also hilarious, which is something that takes SKILL to produce. Buying used cars and crashing into each other? Easy, any incompetent moron could do that.

I second that :+1:

I miss the point keeping in challenges. Or I should say, the semi-serious point keeping, not the joke points they have now, when they even bother to keep score.

Yeah. They've not seriously scored a challenge since the British Leyland one.

The "scoring" in 17x02 was just fucking ridiculous.