Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Those wankers at Dave have left Boring Bob Geldof, the dullest SIARPC ever, in their edit of 17x05 and cut me out! BASTARDS! :shakefist:

Those wankers at Dave have left Boring Bob Geldof, the dullest SIARPC ever, in their edit of 17x05 and cut me out! BASTARDS! :shakefist:
I did laugh when I saw it :mrgreen:

Awww... Poor MWF... :(

Still, you were in it when 17x05 got shown on TV here in Aus. I saw you and yelled, "There's MWF!"
Then my parents asked me who, and I tried to explain it was someone from FinalGear, and then had to explain Final Gear...
So I kind of missed the next bit while trying to explain everything.... <_< It didn't go well.

BBC America seems to hate the final in studio segments, I just saw the episode with Richard in the Touareg vs. the snowmobilers and when it ended, no cut back to the studio, just straight to the BBC America credits/continuity frame thingamajig. They used to keep that part in and right after Clarkson said "Good night" they'd cut to the BBCA credits. Very poor, must try harder.

Although I bet this is either due to this being a "best of" or the ridiculous amount of holiday ads popping up now.

Last edited:
An idea.

I see a lot of potential in this, and I really want to see it happen.

QI: Top Gear Edition.

Stephen Fry as host, obviously. Jeremy, Hammond, and James as guests. And Alan Davies as the perpetual contestant of course.

BBC America seems to hate the final in studio segments, I just saw the episode with Richard in the Touareg vs. the snowmobilers and when it ended, no cut back to the studio, just straight to the BBC America credits/continuity frame thingamajig. They used to keep that part in and right after Clarkson said "Good night" they'd cut to the BBCA credits. Very poor, must try harder.

Although I bet this is either due to this being a "best of" or the ridiculous amount of holiday ads popping up now.

No, that was for a different reason: due to budgetary constraints, the Senna film which ended that show had to be cut after only two airings in the UK, and therefore couldn't be aired in international versions either. Basically they had to pay through their nose to scour through the FOM footage archive, and were only allowed to show it twice. Overall. Not twice in every market, twice in the UK and that was it.

An idea.

I see a lot of potential in this, and I really want to see it happen.

QI: Top Gear Edition.

Stephen Fry as host, obviously. Jeremy, Hammond, and James as guests. And Alan Davies as the perpetual contestant of course.

Quite a few of us want to see Quite Interesting Gear for Comic Relief or Sport Relief. :nod: (Next year, it'll be Sport Relief.)

I've already mocked up a possible logo for that mashup.

I have a link for all the uncut episodes starting from series one if anyone needs it. Not sure whether I'm allowed to post it here or, indeed, if anyone needs it. I've been having a laugh watching all the news' from series two.

Post it in Video Offers, perhaps?

I have a link for all the uncut episodes starting from series one if anyone needs it. Not sure whether I'm allowed to post it here or, indeed, if anyone needs it. I've been having a laugh watching all the news' from series two.

Of QI? All the episodes are on youtube, and thats where I've been watching them.

If my idea does happen, I just ask that they sit May next to Davies. They looks strikingly similar (especially when Davies has long hair).

How long are your series 1 episodes?

I've been looking for the Chris Barrie segment for ages, never found it on a singe rip of 02x02 that I've downloaded. I can't even confirm it's the correct episode, since I've had so little luck, but that's the episode Chris Barrie is credited with. All I can find are rips of the Xtra version of the episode, which I find a bit ironic, they call it 'extra', but have even less content than the original.

:hmm: I never realised that some of the episodes I have are less than 50 mins...

So I assume these are cut versions? I got these episodes from FG but in 2008 it seems :p

:hmm: I never realised that some of the episodes I have are less than 50 mins...

So I assume these are cut versions? I got these episodes from FG but in 2008 it seems :p

Yes. Hence my question for the length, I've seen several people joyfully announce they have the old full episodes only to discover they have the same cut version as everyone else :(