Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

When's the next season estimated to come out?

Maybe July.

The Olympics start at the end of July (around the 28th, I believe); no way in hell they're going to compete against that, even with iPlayer.

More like the autumn.

A pause in the series isn't unheard of (world cup) :dunno: traditionally the summer series starts the last Sunday of June-ish.

A pause in the series isn't unheard of (Olympics) :dunno: traditionally the summer series starts the last Sunday of June-ish.

FTFY. (I FTFY'd narf! :w00t:)

Anyway, for those who haven't seen the full YouTube vids of when Jeremy, James and Richard took their cars to that track in Germany from 15x02:

[video=youtube;YbUgAI-VTZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbUgAI-VTZw[/video]

:)

Does anybody have an idea how they've made this shot?

kssgh.jpg

One way to McGuyver it would be a row of digital cameras that snap a picture at the same time, then use that series as frames in the video.

One camera arm with 5 or so cameras on it, saw that the first time on the X-Games a few years ago I think

I was talking about series 8, episodes 5 and 6 - there was over a month of break in the series for the 2006 world cup.

That was pre-iPlayer. They didn't take the 2010 World Cup off.

The Olympics is a much bigger event than the World Cup, however. TG has never been on-air during an Olympics. IMO, there's no way they're going to be on during this one, especially since it's happening in their own back yard.

Using many cameras probably is cheaper and easier than taking a few pictures further spaced apart and using computing magic to render the rest.

Noo, Stig just got a holographic visor like that on his Face with the image of a human :D

picture7564_serie2127.jpg

Watching the TV version of "Just a Minute", and Stephen Fry just remarked that his hair occasionally goes into this "great massive James May look" once in a while :lol: The two of them still need to make a show together!

Yes! Or just book James on QI already.

Yes! Or just book James on QI already.

I'd love to see it, but after the Shooting Stars disaster, I think he might be a little gun-shy about being on a comedy panel show.

I'd love to see it, but after the Shooting Stars disaster, I think he might be a little gun-shy about being on a comedy panel show.

I think that was before his appearance on HIGNFY, so I'd think he's gotten over that. EDIT: IMDB says otherwise. At least it's QI; it's the perfect place for someone like him.

Last edited: