Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Thanks!

A young hamster.

5rBcKKW.png

I was reading the Car Lounge forum and came across this from Rutledge Wood:-OP:"TG US might have half a chance IF the interaction between the presenters was anywhere close to the TG UK guys. The UK presenters come off as great friends having a time of it. The US show continues to seem forced and contrived, trying way too hard."

Rutledge: "Haha. That's funny, if you switch UK and US there, you might have a true statement in reference to being friends. Doesn't really matter that I know a lot more about that situation than others...I just think that's something that you're creating in your own mind about how we've all grown together."

Am I misreading this or is he really saying that the TGUK trio aren't friends? I'd be sad to think so.

I was reading the Car Lounge forum and came across this from Rutledge Wood:-OP:"TG US might have half a chance IF the interaction between the presenters was anywhere close to the TG UK guys. The UK presenters come off as great friends having a time of it. The US show continues to seem forced and contrived, trying way too hard."

Rutledge: "Haha. That's funny, if you switch UK and US there, you might have a true statement in reference to being friends. Doesn't really matter that I know a lot more about that situation than others...I just think that's something that you're creating in your own mind about how we've all grown together."

Am I misreading this or is he really saying that the TGUK trio aren't friends? I'd be sad to think so.

Apparently Rutledge is as stupid as I thouht he was.

I've never heard the TGUS guys fight about one cheating in monopoly.

Possibly he's stating that they are in fact good friends off screen. It might be that the directors aren't doing a good job of capturing that interaction on screen.

The TGUS guys are in their 30s and 40s and the show is new and exciting to them. The are like a couple looking forward to children, the future and what it may bring.

TGUK are guys in their 50s; been there, done that. They are already a family and don't have anything to prove. Often argumentative and crotchety, they always have each other's back.

My adult kids actually like TGUS, but there is no question which one I prefer.

Rutledge is saying that the poster knows nothing about the relationship between him, Tanner, and Adam, while joking about the UK trio.

Maybe we can talk Ken Burns into making a documentary about Top Gear :)

(if it hasn't been done already - and nothing came up in a Google search).

I have no idea who this Rutledge person is, but I don't believe for a second that they aren't friends. Maybe/maybe not best friends, but friends nonetheless. I know on-screen chemistry doesn't necessarily mean friendship, but I don't see what mindy hammond would have to gain by writing that she and richard and their kids vacationed with Jeremy's family on the Isle of Man a few weeks/months before his accident and that Richard had given Jeremy a painting he had done.

Rutledge Wood is one of the hosts of Top Gear US, and I think he was attempting to make a joke.

But of course, being from Hyneria, I wouldn't expect you to know that, milady. ;)

Had my TV on first thing this morning, muted, and glanced up to see "GOOD NEWS" across my screen.

I was very disappointed that it turned out to be an ad for an online dating service and not something about Dacia.... ;)