Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Every time I watch the Viet Nam show it is still a shock to see the size difference between Hammond and May when they are sitting in those little plastic chairs.

Simon Cowell needn?t worry about The X Factor?s flagging ratings as staunch rival Strictly Come Dancing is facing the axe.

And it?s not just Strictly that could fall victim to a BBC mass cull as bigwigs are thinking about giving the boot to firm favourites such as Top Gear and The Apprentice too.
This twist comes after former Director of Communications Ed Williams aired his concerns at the shows nearing the end of their ?natural lives? ? as he admitted BBC bosses had failed to come up with a Saturday night ratings winner for years.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/26/simon...e-strictly-come-dancing-and-top-gear-4320636/

"?I think there?s a series of very popular formats which over the next five to ten years will reach the end of their natural lives, such as Strictly Come Dancing, The Apprentice, Dragons? Den, Top Gear, The One Show,? he said."

Meh, storm in a teacup

They mentioned in the latest ep that their gonna do a P1 vs. 918 race on the track in the summer (bummer but it's worth it to wait for better weather) so I hope they can also review the LaFerrari by then so it can be included in the race.

Im trying hard to remember in which episode (cheap car challenge) James or Jeremy said: "How many cylinders has it got these days?". Truly epic Top Gear moment, would like to rewatch that episode. Can anyone help me?

That's from the "How much Porsche can you get for ?1500?" one from 05x06.

It seems like everyone has been playing around with the "Travoltify Your Name" widget on Slate.com. I put in "Jeremy Clarkson", and found the result very interesting....

pk9bvylq3zdgf7yhobhj.png

Victory goes to the 918!?

For those that don't know what I'm talking about...
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/...l_adele_dazeem_what_s_your_travolta_name.html

Last edited:
Quiz Up, Fuck me any of you guys making questions for this?
"How many cousins does the Stig have?"

Questions about Top of Pops and Ground Force.

They mentioned in the latest ep that their gonna do a P1 vs. 918 race on the track in the summer (bummer but it's worth it to wait for better weather) so I hope they can also review the LaFerrari by then so it can be included in the race.

kus70z8.png

;)

T1eed.jpg

I just noticed something from 10x10. During the awards they were struggling to find the 2007 Car of the Year and finally came up with the solution of "either the Ford Mondeo or Subaru Legacy Outback" (they all have to agree on it). Then came the finale to the M3 vs. C63 vs. RS4 film where all three guys agreed to which car is best...don't you think they should've made the M3 the 2007 COTY?

I think they unanimously agreed it was the COTY though, Cock of the Year :p

Was anyone else pleasantly surprised by the vehicle choice of the Burma special? At first when Jeremy said it was going to be trucks I didn't like it but then watching the special I adored it! And the place too is very special, I loved the way they interact with the locals in this one. Anyone with me on this one?

Every time I watch the Viet Nam show it is still a shock to see the size difference between Hammond and May when they are sitting in those little plastic chairs.

Isn't James 5' 10" and Hammond is 5' 7"? Shouldn't be that big of a difference unless one of them is out of proportion for whatever reason.