Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Well then.... RIP TopGear 2002-2015

Watching the interview Sky did with James at his front door. All I could think of is this:

:clarkson: "Is this one of your special hats?"

This popped up in my recommended videos sections on YT and I had no idea he was on This Is Your Life (let alone you guys actually had the show in the UK). It's one hell of a time capsule.

Spotted these...

35nakqa.jpg

The Stig should get his own silent comedy movie.

Now I'm on edge waiting to see what happens with May's shepherd's pie.

Last edited:
Well, I think we're seeing where James would like his future to be...having his own cooking show! Lovin' these videos.

I sort of want to make a shepherd's pie now, also apparently those mashed potato squirty things aren't all that complicated you can just stick your goo in a bag and then cut a whole in the one of the edges on the bottom.
I also noticed that he put the milk in before the butter which I found interesting because I always put the butter in first in fear that it wouldn't melt properly if the milk brought down the temperature of the potato which I guess only makes sense until I remember that I've never had cold mashed potato after I added the milk.

Those videos were fun to watch. The special touches were esp nice. I hope he does more.

I agree. Add the butter first then the milk, but it seems to have worked ok.

Being from Louisiana, I can not even imagine the little bit of seasoning used.

I remember my northern relatives having a shrimp boil one time. To a big ole pot of water they pot like 2tbsp of seasoning from a bottle. We would have pot min 1 whole bottle and probably a large packet of dry seasoning as well.

It is crawfish high season around here right now and EVERY store you walk into had a big pile of different types of seasoning right at the door.

hmmmm, James May's last video clearly has some secret message posted for us.
There's key chain w/ lego stig ,Dewalt cordless power Drill, toy locomotive, credit card w/ sissiors, ..its a code!! Now what does it mean??? what is James trying to tell us!!? :blink::D:|:mrgreen:

Don't forget the same top for the past week or so and a different funny hat every time he talks to the reporters.

Those videos were fun to watch. The special touches were esp nice. I hope he does more.

Heh I've been looking for your input on these, because I remember you saying you'd watch anything he would do on the fracas thread ^^
These were indeed so much fun to watch.

"I was talking to the cat just now in case you thought I've gone completely mental"

That made me lol for a while.

This popped up in my recommended videos sections on YT and I had no idea he was on This Is Your Life (let alone you guys actually had the show in the UK). It's one hell of a time capsule.

This Is Your Life - Jeremy Clarkson - Aired on Oct 25th 1996 when Jeremy Clarkson was 36.

On UK tv nearly as long as the USA.

Last edited:
There's key chain w/ lego stig ,Dewalt cordless power Drill, toy locomotive, credit card w/ sissiors, ..its a code!! Now what does it mean??? what is James trying to tell us!!? :blink::D:|:mrgreen:

:hmm:

I'd say don't get too carried away they were probably random mp4's he had on his computer and thought to integrate in the video in an artistic, subliminal fashion :D
Orrrrr ... It's a code.