Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Hammond likes to make people laugh, either with him or at him, I don't think it makes a difference to him. And while I'll admit that some of his non-TG efforts are a bit low-brow, it should be pointed out that his Miracles of Nature won that genre's equivalent of the Academy Award, and his How to Build a Planet was nominated for an Emmy. He must be doing something right.

Hammond is the sort of person who likes to keep working, he's not going to quit doing other television just to satisfy Final Gear. Hammond's programming may be for the most part a bit crap compared to say James May's efforts but I respect the guy for not being above things.
True I have only seen one show, but I stand by I was embarrassed he was associated with such a pitiful show.

I understand wanting to keep busy, but I think he is better than that and could do better.

Sometimes you just have to say no.

Actually I like The Science of Stupid. Essentially a more painful version of America's Funniest Home Video, with some science and analysis thrown in.

has anyone ever tried watching Series 2-22 in order without stopping (ie. daily) ?

I think I'll do it next year.

If I could acquire all of Top Gear as in starting from the 2002 relaunch in good quality I'd probably start from Series 1 assuming you mean what I think you mean, i'd not watch it all in a single sitting though some nights I might watch multiple episodes and others I might only watch one.

has anyone ever tried watching Series 2-22 in order without stopping (ie. daily) ?

I think I'll do it next year.

Since my commute to work usually takes about 1 hour, I've got a little 7" tablet and watched all Top Gears (UK, US and Straya), 2 episodes a day.

Including TGUK series 1 with Jason Dawe (he's not THAAAAAAAAAT awesome, but I liked his segments, specially when he brought supercars to a school and the kids went insane when a Lamborghini Countach appeared)

Overall I liked all episodes :) (Apart from "fastest faith" and "fastest sci-fi characters". Those bits were absolutely horrible >.<)

PS: I might do it again next year as soon as I finish watching Anthony Bourdain's show, since I... kinda have the memory of a fish and already forgot almost all TG episodes >_>

Last edited:
Yes, it's why I'm really glad I've got a memory like a fish.
It means I can re-watch anything I love.

Although, I've stopped re-watching Big Trouble in Little China.
Maybe when it's re-released in 4K, i'll see it again. =p

Yes, it's why I'm really glad I've got a memory like a fish.
It means I can re-watch anything I love.

I'm sometimes like that, other times I can remember an entire episode just from the preview and I don't feel like watching it again. Recent re-runs of Mythbusters and Wheeler Dealers that I watched last week had slipped from my mind.

On a related note, I watched the Alfa 4C vs. Gibbs Quadski episode at the weekend after having a lot of fun driving the 4C on Forza Horizon 2. I didn't remember any of the race so it was good to see it again, along with the verdict on the 4C.

I also got to see a first run of the last episode pre fracas where they're in Canada and interesting that they didn't censor out the "Shit" expletives (but still censored out Richard, probably cause it was a bit stronger even for a post watershed timeslot). Ch9 (who have the rights to TG in Aus) have gone really quiet about the last series and put it on their lesser known channel GO, but even still make sure there's an episode on every week.

BRHsQtN.jpg

Okay, I watched Series 2-13 (also known as the "SD era w/May") =p

They could've ended the show at Series 13 and I would've been very happy, in a way.
Because the show did just about everything. Plus, in hindsight, I really don't like Series 14. It's the worst, imo.