Random Thoughts [Top Gear USA Edition]

Couple of interesting sentences from Jerry Seinfeld in an interview with the Mail on Sunday.

"I've been doing this new car show ? which is a secret, I?m not talking about it ? and in driving these other cars I re-confirmed to myself that the Porsche is the only properly designed automobile.

'I had dinner with Jeremy Clarkson to talk about going on Top Gear. I hadn?t realised that he dislikes Porsches quite a bit. So, in fact, we had absolutely nothing in common."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...ant-talk-I-want-talk-about.html#ixzz1u6iA76vY

a rival for Top Gear, you think?

guess i'll be heading to Irvine again this summer...

so worth the 100 mile drive. :mrgreen:

"I've been doing this new car show ? which is a secret, I?m not talking about it ? and in driving these other cars I re-confirmed to myself that the Porsche is the only properly designed automobile.

'I had dinner with Jeremy Clarkson to talk about going on Top Gear. I hadn?t realised that he dislikes Porsches quite a bit. So, in fact, we had absolutely nothing in common."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...ant-talk-I-want-talk-about.html#ixzz1u6iA76vY

Back when he was rumored to be on the short list of TG US hosts I really disliked him being on the show for this reason. He is a massive Porsche snob and wouldn't give anything else a fair review.

Watched some stuff on YouTube and it was some 4x4 adventure trip to a glacier and another one. It's American and as the oys said in their muscle car trip the Americans don't do entertainment there. Too wooden but if bored at work always worth watching in between. Never seen TG Australia yet.

It's American and as the oys said in their muscle car trip the Americans don't do entertainment there.

And what exactly is entertainment to a Scot? Golf, alcoholism, brawling, and the occasional sheep fuck, I believe? People in glass houses, etc.

Haven't seen any of Season 3 so far, will get around to it shortly.

Still going well?

I think season 3 is the best so far. You can tell they're getting used to working together as a team. It's no so stiff anymore.

Still picking on Tanner, which is still good. :)

Every time I see someone complaining about TGUS redoing TGUK challenges, I imagine them accusing children of reminding them too much of their older siblings. Same parents, different age. Meh.

I have to say this... This season is awful, I watched top gear for 2 reasons, the crazy adventures and the car reviews and comparisons. Well the latesest episode is all tractors, with the lambo at the end.. really?? awful... The whole season not once did they get 2 car on a track and compare them, such as GT500 vs ZL1 would of been a great american car comparisson.... awful.. i dont miss the celebrity portion at all but would like some car reviews and see the cars go around the track with the stig..

I have to say this... This season is awful, I watched top gear for 2 reasons, the crazy adventures and the car reviews and comparisons. Well the latesest episode is all tractors, with the lambo at the end.. really?? awful... The whole season not once did they get 2 car on a track and compare them, such as GT500 vs ZL1 would of been a great american car comparisson.... awful.. i dont miss the celebrity portion at all but would like some car reviews and see the cars go around the track with the stig..

I liked the Aventador review from Season 3 episode 5, but I wished they had the Stig lap it around and get a time on the leaderboard. I like the UK Top Gear because it balances both a car review and some fooling around in a challenge. However, the TGUS has too much fooling around, not enough car reviews. The first season of TGUS had a decent amount of car reviews and challenges, all in the right balance. The last two seasons it seems less car reviews and more challenges for the three to fool around in. They don't even have to review a Ferrari or Mercedes, just review a few mainstream cars already!

Every time I see someone complaining about TGUS redoing TGUK challenges, I imagine them accusing children of reminding them too much of their older siblings. Same parents, different age. Meh.

Pretty good comparison. :nod:

You'll get what you want after they return to the studio for the second half of the season after the break. In the meantime, you only have to tolerate one more episode of this format while the rest of us enjoy it.

tl;dr: Another whining n00b.