Random Thoughts....

My dad taught me to drive stick in his Alfa Spider

For me it was a Citroen C2 first (HORRIBLE clutch), and then a brand spankin' new Golf MkV.

Good thing that the Prius doesn't come with a manual gearbox, so it's useless as a driving school car in Germany.

I'm not so sure about that, as far as I know you can actually learn and do your test with an automatic. Thing is, if you do that, your licence will only be valid for automatics as well, so you'd have to do another test to legaly drive a manual.

OK you lot I learned in one of these, ta da - A Vauxhall Viva no less 1300 cc in the year 1975.

5011vauxhall%20viva%20summer%2006.JPG

Last edited:
i don't know... the Vauxhall looks kinda awesome.. just saying

Open the bonnet (Hood) and there was a tiny weeny metal lump in a huge space, this was known as the engine! They were nearly all that colour for some strange reason and went very slowly. Just what you want for a learner driver I suppose.

I learned to drive a stickshift in a Mini Cooper S when I was 14. It was electric blue with white mirrors, roof and racing stripes.

I learned in one of these, I think it is pretty awesome and the parents still own it. This isn't the exact car, ours is green.

2008-10-16_HondaCivicWeb-Large.jpg

OK you lot I learned in one of these, ta da - A Vauxhall Viva no less 1300 cc in the year 1975.

5011vauxhall%20viva%20summer%2006.JPG

Are you kidding?!

That car looks delicious.

I learned to drive in a 1.6 pre-facelift latest gen focus.

I learned in my (now wrecked) '07 tC, taught by the salesman that sold me the car in about 20 minutes on the road behind the dealership.

Goddammit! Why is there no Dunkin' Donuts in my town? Berlin is friggin' swamped with them, but here it's nowhere to be found. And other sources for donuts in Germany are, like... nonexistant... at best. :mad:

you can actually learn and do your test with an automatic. Thing is, if you do that, your licence will only be valid for automatics as well, so you'd have to do another test to legaly drive a manual.
You're right, and because of that hardly anyone chooses to learn on an automatic. Therefore, automatics are useless to most driving schools, as they can rarely be used...

You're right, and because of that hardly anyone chooses to learn on an automatic. Therefore, automatics are useless to most driving schools, as they can rarely be used...

Ah ok, I see your point there. Just thought you meant you'd have to learn with a manual in .de ;)

Nothing quite like an evening on IRC

[21:21] <&Adunaphel> portugese sounds like a donkey that is being anally raped
[21:21] <%Hidden_Hunter> so like belgian french
[21:22] <+klankymen> Adunaphel: I guess that's a sound you get used to, living in the netherlands
[21:22] <&Adunaphel> no, i watched Ice do it once
[21:22] <+klankymen> oh ok
[21:22] <%Hidden_Hunter> wait wait
[21:22] <%Hidden_Hunter> you watched?

Where the hell did you heard Portuguese, Adu?

i keep hearing about IRC, mostly because i download a lot of anime shows and from what i hear its an alternative way other than torrents. How would i go about getting myself setup for IRC?

Anyone know the best way to link photos up into a video like thing? Basically I have 700 photos and want to have them as if they are a continuous stop frame animation. I wanted to know whether there was any program that could do it all easily and quickly. Thanks in advance.

i keep hearing about IRC, mostly because i download a lot of anime shows and from what i hear its an alternative way other than torrents. How would i go about getting myself setup for IRC?

Download mIRC (or ChatZilla if you use Firefox), input the FinalGear IRC address and that's about it.

Or you can use the online client on the chat page of the FinlaGear main site.

I learned to drive on a mid-90s Corolla, thought it was so quick since I had nothing to compare it to. Didn't we have a thread on this topic like 5 weeks ago? I remember saying the exact same thing about how powerful it felt.

Goddammit! Why is there no Dunkin' Donuts in my town? Berlin is friggin' swamped with them, but here it's nowhere to be found. And other sources for donuts in Germany are, like... nonexistant... at best. :mad:

I am equally pissed.

DD seems to have based their German distribution in Berlin, so you can only get them in Berlin and Th?ringen.

And while I do like donuts, I'm not going to go to east germany of my own free will.