Random Thoughts....

^Did he at least get the V8? And why, may I ask, did he get an STS over a 5er??

Probably because it was a lot cheaper?

That's an unfortunate story No Boss... I know what it's like when someone you know is set on buying a car that you know isn't going to be that great. But what can you do?

^Did he at least get the V8? And why, may I ask, did he get an STS over a 5er??

My dad's an idiot. That's why... I say that in jest, he is a very smart man. And I fear I might have accidently confused some of you guys. He was just test driving it, he didn't buy it yet. He just kept saying "It's about a month away", meaning we're trading in the Bonneville in about a month.

It was a V8, with the AWD. Which meant about 20mpg highway. He drives 90 miles a day to and from work, so that just doesn't make any sense in my mind. Tomorrow after my last class we're going to the BMW dealer and seeing about a 5xi. I want him to drive both before he makes a decision.

Probably because it was a lot cheaper?

That's an unfortunate story No Boss... I know what it's like when someone you know is set on buying a car that you know isn't going to be that great. But what can you do?

Exactly. I refuse to go all Clarkson on his ass becuase he lets me live in his huge house free of charge (I'm 21, not 35, so it's not wierd), it's his money, and his decision. The shitty part is I'd just have to see that every morning in the drive and when my car breaks (which it frequently does) I'd have to.... :sick: drive that.

edit: Shawn I must also clarify. This STS's sticker price was near $60,000US!!! It was marked down to $42,000US because it was used. But for $42,000 US I WANT REAL WOOD!

Last edited:
I feel so sorry for you. Forced to drive a brand new Cadillac if your Golf breaks down. Damn. There's no shame in suicide, you know.

Random Thought

Anyone else think the esurance chick is hot? I think it's the pink hair. Makes me wonder about carpet.

Don't worry, he'll be in his car when it gets destroyed, one of these days. Hope his medical premiums are good. Bastard.

The STS can't be all that bad. I hear the Northstar engine is pretty good.

The Audi S4 is a pretty solid choice if he wants emphasis on the AWD and an Infiniti M45 if he wants performance in a large sedan (without the looks of a 5-series).

What was bad about the STS?

What was bad about the STS?

For a 21 year old... everything. Why? Because when your a young guy you just have to hall ass everywhere. (And just for the record, I'm 20... If I had to drive an STS then pretty much everyone I know would be like WTF?)

For an older guy... nothing. Why? Because his old ass back hurts and he just wants something comfy. :)

For a 21 year old... everything. Why? Because when your a young guy you just have to hall ass everywhere. (And just for the record, I'm 20... If I had to drive an STS then pretty much everyone I know would be like WTF?)

For an older guy... nothing. Why? Because his old ass back hurts and he just wants something comfy. :)

Um.... No.

I kinda thought someone would ask what was wrong with it. Last night when I posted that I wasn't in a mood to list, but now that I have had a day to think about it here goes:

- When the shifter is in the park position, it blocks the aircon/heated seat/fan controls so you have to reach round it to push a button. But you don't even know what that button does because you can't see it.
- For some reason there is very little visibility out of all windows.
- The rear headrests are too big for the size of the rear windscreen.
- They shaped the conole so that is slopes at an angle into the passenger side footwell. Beucase of this it looks like you have a lot of leg room, but you have no place to put your left leg. (My grandmother has 2 fake knees, so this is a huge deal. That's why I noticed it)
- When you go to back up and to the "right arm on the passenger seat" move, the bloster on the seat pushes against your upper arm causing it to bend at a wierd angle.
- The boot is HUUUUUGEE... but the opening for it is ludicrously tiny. And the boot wont fit 2 full size golf bags.
- The interior plastic is cheap (obligatory) and the wood is horribly fake.
- There is this strange sliding washboard apparatus used to cover the cupholders that is just cheap and unsophisticated.
- The controls for the sunroof are tucked in the little cubby behind the dome light panel so you can't see them. But even if you could they use white dye to screen the symbol on the tan button and you can't read it.
- 20mpg.
- There is an accordion looking piece of plastic that is attached to the sunroof when put in "tilt" mode. It looks cheap and flaps around in the wind when going in excess of 40mph.
- The buttons to the right of the steering wheel all have a specified task. But the symbols that are on them are so ambiguous you need to push all of them to see what they do.
- The seats are comfortable, at times. But when you go around a corner there is no support so you slide and bounce in a most UNcomfortable manner.

There. That's what I could find. It had nothing to do with "hauling ass" because yes the car was reasonably quick, I will admit that. And it made a nice noise. So anyway, I'm over it and I think we're going to go look at other cars sometime next week so maybe I'll review and keep you guys posted. Oh and I do apologise if I came off like some sort of pompous, rich little shit. That was not the intent by any means. I was merely trying to rationalise a bit of frustration. Terribly sorry bout that.

Last edited:
Can you fit a 1976 Honda CB550F into the back of a Jeep Cherokee?

This is a legitimate question; my friend's truck doesn't have a trailer hitch so I'm going for desperate measures.

CB550F:
Overall height: 1,100 mm (43.3 inches)
Overall length: 2,115 mm (83.3 inches)
Overall width: 835 mm (32.9 inches)

This is a legitimate question; my friend's truck doesn't have a trailer hitch so I'm going for desperate measures.

CB550F:
I'm guessing the Cherokee isn't tall enough to fit it. Now a Discovery on the other hand...8)

I was barely able to get my Yamaha XJ650 in the back of my dad's F150 so I imagine it would be nearly impossible squeezing a bike into a Cherokee. But if you're desperate I guess its worth a shot.

How hard/annoying would it be to remove the front fork for the purposes of moving the bike?

CB550F:

The new Grand Cherokee has a bit more space than the older one. But based on this picture, which I am using as a size reference, I don't think you can. The GC has too much ground clearance and therefore isn't tall enough to fit large items.

http://img370.imageshack.**/img370/697/f1115dx9.jpg

The handlebars would probably be scraping up against the ceiling if they could fit at all. And just to use the numbers provided, your bike's volume is 68.67 cubic ft and the 2006 Grand Cherokee's cargo area with the seats folded flat is 67.4 cubic ft.

You need to find someone with a truck. Oh and take pictures of you actually pull it off.

Last edited:
Today I saw parts of a shaky movieclip in some Islamic country which showed the stoning of a young woman (and it was hugely disturbing, damn). And this evening I heard that the 18 years old girl who disappeared last friday night here in Belgium, was found murdered drifting in a river. Goddamn fucked up world and damn fucked up psycho's everywhere ffs.

Technically, going by cubic feet the bike comes to 63 ft., while the Cherokee's cargo space goes to 71. But I'm not about to damage my new sexy baby and piss off my friend while I'm at it. I might as well just buy/rent/steal a trailer hitch from U-Haul and sell it to my friend afterwards. He doesn't know it's in Ohio yet, so I guess that should make up for it...

How hard/annoying would it be to remove the front fork for the purposes of moving the bike?
I'd imagine there's a lot of cables and wires to disconnect, along with some rather large bolts. My friend suggested this because apparently he does this all the time with his uncle, but he suggested I put it in my mom's Sentra. :blink:

Random Thought

Anyone else think the esurance chick is hot? I think it's the pink hair. Makes me wonder about carpet.

*ahem* her NAME, is Erin Esurance. and i always wondered who'd win in a fight between her and Kim Possible (my $$ is on kim)