Random Thoughts....

Listening to "Four Sticks" by Led Zeppelin. The summer of 1988 I listened to LZ IV and "Are You Experienced" over and over.
It was my first foray into non top 40 rock and roll, before that I listened to my parents jazz, soul and R & B records.

Now listening to "when the levee breaks" the walking bass line gets me every time!! :drool:

I am so glad I have that one on vinyl. :mrgreen:

I became a huge led head when I was a junior in high school.

What I find funny about male shoe collectors is, they don't really collect shoes but sneakers. And most of said collections consist of only 2 or 3 different styles, just in many different colours.

Or in swek's case, all the same color! :p

Last edited:
Most of my shoes serve a purpose other than just casual wear. And the back row are nice shoes; La Sportiva boots, Tod's , Prada, and Cole Haan dress shoes.

I wasn't talking about you guys, just a general observation. There's actually a lot of shoe guys around... which makes sense, since all women seem obsessed with shoes it would seem many guys would be as well but would just keep it to themselves.

And bartboy, we all grew up wearing basketball shoes. :p That's my point, you look like a kid if you're wearing the ultra sporty sneakers casually. Nike and those guys make some slightly casual looking shoes, I have one right now actually.

I wasn't talking about you guys, just a general observation. There's actually a lot of shoe guys around... which makes sense, since all women seem obsessed with shoes it would seem many guys would be as well but would just keep it to themselves.

And bartboy, we all grew up wearing basketball shoes. :p That's my point, you look like a kid if you're wearing the ultra sporty sneakers casually. Nike and those guys make some slightly casual looking shoes, I have one right now actually.

I really don't like how casual shoes feel. Though I've heard that buying some insoles can make all the difference.

This current shoe talk reminds me I need to pick up a pair of platforms when I get back from the RMMR.

For some reason my Puma Ferrari trainers make me drive.........better.

And before I wrote that I pushed some buttons and the screen went weird :eek:

Listening to "Four Sticks" by Led Zeppelin. The summer of 1988 I listened to LZ IV and "Are You Experienced" over and over.
It was my first foray into non top 40 rock and roll, before that I listened to my parents jazz, soul and R & B records.

Now listening to "when the levee breaks" the walking bass line gets me every time!! :drool:

I am so glad I have that one on vinyl. :mrgreen:

I became a huge led head when I was a junior in high school.
I saw them live three times in the 1970s.

I Like Physical Grafitti best, the IV then II - but its all good stuff.

Last edited:
Apparently, and I quote, "Facebook applications were not functioning properly earlier today, but your quiz results have been saved to an emergency server on our system."
Thank you FaceBook, for saving the results of "what does my toothbrush say about me", "are you sexier than a lamp post?", "Will I live to see the communazi zombie invasion" and of course "obligatory poorly thought out quiz wit bad grammer an speling".

Woah, what women do YOU know? :mad: The only obsession I truly had was for Beanie Babies :lol: Still have them too!

Apparently, and I quote, "Facebook applications were not functioning properly earlier today, but your quiz results have been saved to an emergency server on our system."
Thank you FaceBook, for saving the results of "what does my toothbrush say about me", "are you sexier than a lamp post?", "Will I live to see the communazi zombie invasion" and of course "obligatory poorly thought out quiz wit bad grammer an speling".

But you really need to know things like "What woolworths checkout are you?" or "What eastern melbourne suburb are you?"

Woah, what women do YOU know? :mad: The only obsession I truly had was for Beanie Babies :lol: Still have them too!

Ohhh my sister had the same obsession it was insatiable, my parents also still have them all in the attic.

But you really need to know things like "What woolworths checkout are you?" or "What eastern melbourne suburb are you?"

The quizzes on facebook are so annoying, I'm sick of seeing them pop up everytime someone does one. I'm sure there is probably a way to block them but I haven't looked into that yet.

And the most annoying ones are the "How well do you know 'Insert Name'?" quizzes.

Am I the only one who, when seeing an F1 car's engine go with flames, say that they've finally put jet engines in them?

Because the way it happens makes sense applied to a jet car, there is a plume of smoke and then a trail of fire.

Also, 900th post!

For some reason my Puma Ferrari trainers make me drive.........better.

And before I wrote that I pushed some buttons and the screen went weird :eek:

Well, driving with thin shoes which gives a very direct feel with the pedal is very useful when you are learning. That's how I felt it aswell. Now Im not as picky any longer.

Does anyone else hate the Geico money-with-eyes commercials? I think they were hoping it would be so stupid it would be funny, but its just annoying.

Bring back this awesomeness:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_90tfqwXc0A[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: TC
After seeing that photo of the ginormous shoe collection I don't know, as a not-a-dude, whether or not to be glad about the fact that I only own two pairs of shoes.

I don't have a collection of them stuffed in my closet. Nope, not me. :lol: :| :(

Does anyone else hate the Geico money-with-eyes commercials? I think they were hoping it would be so stupid it would be funny, but its just annoying.

Bring back this awesomeness:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_90tfqwXc0A[/YOUTUBE]

Why did they stop that ad campaign? It was brilliant.

I had a strange moment yesterday.
We went to a family reunion and the men were chatting when someone brought up the death of David Carradine, and my father-in-law says: "The news said something about him having a rope tied to his genitals to perform some kind of self-erotic-something..."
I was kinda sleepy, and without thinking I said aloud:
"Autoerotic asphyxiation"

Suddenly all eyes turn to me.

And I had to explain what it mean.

:ph34r: