Random Thoughts....

Buffy_09

I don't care what anyone else says, Splenda is fucking disgusting!!!

My Dad got the box of it nearly a year ago, and it just takes so...chemically!:yuck:

I would just love some normal Suicre in it once in a while :(

And god damnit Same Difference is playing on Bliss :mad:

Buffy_09

The cat just pissed on the carpet :mad:

Dogbert

Helsinki Smash Rod
Car(s)
Roger Dean's Rocks
^ You're not having a good day, are you?

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
Gave my first blood today. Makes me feel much better about both giving it, and the fact that it didn't hurt. (Not that I was expecting it to, obviously, being a man and all :p)

Last edited:

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
Gave my first bloody today. Makes me feel much better about both giving it, and the fact that it didn't hurt. (Not that I was expecting it to, obviously, being a man and all :p)

Your first bloody what?

Took me another read to figure out what you meant. I thought you punched someone in the face or something. :D

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
^ Haha. Whoops. Maybe I need to lie down... (There was a woman who fainted in the waiting room after giving blood). And apparently I achieved something my dad hasn't in his 57 donations - the nurse not being able to decide which arm/vein to take it from. :lol:

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
Ugh, I can't stand needles! I fainted having a tetanus shot for crying out loud!

Last edited:

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
I just look away. When you don't know when the needle has broken the skin, the pain is continuous rather than boosted. As a note, I had a local too, so I genuinely felt nothing when the bigger blood-sucking needle went in.

Buffy_09

Ya, I hate needles, but I can get through a vaccination or whatever as long as I don't see the needle, even before/after I have it done.

Same at the dentist, and when I had my extractions done, I had about 5 injections on each side of my mouth. :?

Becka ?

I like needles...
I watch it go in and it feels nice, and when I had to have some in my mouth one time, I asked him to do it slowly to make it last longer.. :shifty:

No sexual innuendos intended..

ahpadt

Forum Addict
Gave my first blood today. Makes me feel much better about both giving it, and the fact that it didn't hurt. (Not that I was expecting it to, obviously, being a man and all :p)

People make such a fuzz about needles and tests. Just look away and breathe nice and slow.

salle

I like needles...
I watch it go in and it feels nice, and when I had to have some in my mouth one time, I asked him to do it slowly to make it last longer.. :shifty:

No sexual innuendos intended..

b0a1623a3b0453a6217123a91d5c7b70ca6575ae.jpg

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
Interestingly enough, despite having one of those clotting disorders that mean I can technically bleed to death from a pin prick, I am not bothered by needles. I am in bad enough general health to have been pricked so many times I have a nice little scar dot on my arm.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
^ blood tests, lots of them. I have a shit load of medical symptoms and the doctors have no idea why, so they would run, oh a least one blood test a month. At this point I have given up completely on every figuring this shit out, plus my insurance would never cover it. I just have to avoid things that activate anything weird... like walking. I can't do that, I break out in hives and my lungs close up while I cough up clear blood flavored goo.

klankymen

BLT Master
Car(s)
plastic Japanese iPod dock on wheels
At this point I have given up completely on every figuring this shit out, plus my insurance would never cover it.

US healthcare fail!

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Even if I had good insurance it wouldn't matter anyway. I've only NOT for the last 1 year, and they utterly failed at diagnosing me for the other 19 of them.

CoralHibiscus

Having good insurance definitely doesn't mean they will pay for everything.
Within the past year, I had a migraine that lasted 6 months, and they wouldn't pay for the one thing that eventually cured me. Acupuncture is the best $135 I've ever spent out of my own pocket.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
I am bitter and jaded to the entire health care system, including the actual care itself not just payments for it. :x

I have taken up the system of just not bothering going to the doctor unless absolutely necessary now.