Random Thoughts....

The community here is pretty tight. Hell I rarely even visit the Top Gear section. Plus there is Fifth Gear and The Smoking Tire.

That's what happens when you post stupid religious comments in neg reps.

It wasn't stupid, why not showing it here and let the people judge if it's stupid or not.

And who posted this -rep: "maybe it's because you are a stupid goat-fucking bomb-laying tent-sleeping towel-head sand-nigger terrorist who rapes his sister every night, because that's what his father did to his aunt. now go crash a camel into your tent and die, asshole"

Last edited:
Yes, imagine 10-20 crawling on you, a lot flying around you/on your food ect. they actually try to drink your blood but they don't know when to stop so they continue. :blink:

FTFY

I'm finding that skipping lectures has actually increased my productivity since I'm no longer falling asleep in class and instead am actually quiet awake when I attend tutorials, which is where I do most of my learning anyway.

Here's a question: When Top Gear is no longer on air (whenever that is), will the forums survive?

I think they will, Finalgear has quite a community that discusses just about every subject- so it could survive as a general-discussion, slightly car/bike themed forum and do quite well, perhaps with a Top Gear "legacy section".

Still, all opinions would be welcome- do you think the forums will survive? Will you stay on Finalgear whenever it is that Top Gear ends?
I've been thinking about this too, I see no reason why the forums would disappear because we are very tight knit.

The community here is pretty tight. Hell I rarely even visit the Top Gear section. Plus there is Fifth Gear and The Smoking Tire.
Unlike many other forums where the overall post quality is abysmal..

Even if Top Gear no longer airs, the forums will remain active+online. There may not be a large influx of new users, but we will keep the forums up and running.

Unlike many other forums where the overall post quality is abysmal..

Even if Top Gear no longer airs, the forums will remain active+online. There may not be a large influx of new users, but we will keep the forums up and running.

That's a good thing. Waaaaay too many new members making crappy threads. Plus the site always dies when the first episode of a Top Gear season is released. Can't get on the forums for hours.

That's a good thing. Waaaaay too many new members making crappy threads. Plus the site always dies when the first episode of a Top Gear season is released. Can't get on the forums for hours.

We were are newbies once. Well except for Quiky who managed to join nearly a decade before the site was founded. :p

We were are newbies once. Well except for Quiky who managed to join nearly a decade before the site was founded. :p
All thanks to the magic of internet time travel. :p

I always feel stupid when I join a new forum. Even if it is in my first language
In the first post I probably say something like "hi" and "bye" :p

I?ve been here for a few months so I?m still a newbie, and I still get exited when someone quotes me
(it doesn?t happen very often, anyway) :rolleyes:
When I reply a thread, I?m several minutes to check spelling and stuff, and finding out if what I?m saying is true
(unless its an opinion)

I have the sudden urge to buy myself a new purse for my trip to Boston. An excuse to have a slightly bigger purse so more random shit can be taken on the plane with me :lol: The one I use almost all the time just has enough room for a sunglass case, wallet, blackberry, tiny bottle of advil, my keys (different pocket), a pen and lipbalm (same pocket but not the main pocket).

Also, had a few of my bras tailored down... they still suck. :shakefist: This means I'm going to have to spend more money (at $80 a pop) to get ones that truly fit. Argh! After my trip to Boston.. or during.. hrm.. :think:

Welcome to "the real OC"
[youtube]gyutwC_4USA[/youtube]

Any wonder why our state is so poorly run? These are the kind of people we have going to the polls.

All thanks to the magic of internet time travel. :p

You joined on my 11th b-day.... pointless fact that now supplanted something useful! :tease:

I always feel stupid when I join a new forum. Even if it is in my first language

I?ve been here for a few months so I?m still a newbie, and I still get exited when someone quotes me
When I reply a thread, I?m several minutes to check spelling and stuff, and finding out if what I?m saying is true
(unless its an opinion)

You'll do well here. :)

(unless its an opinion)

you forgot a preposition!

Just wanted to quote you, and also to point out an error (although not spelling)

Welcome to "the real OC"
[youtube]gyutwC_4USA[/youtube]

Any wonder why our state is so poorly run? These are the kind of people we have going to the polls.

Dear god... that makes me cringe. I wonder if you could also blame the internet for his lack of vocabulary since reading books is sooo passe now.

(unless its an opinion)

I've been here 2 and a half years and I still get excited when someone quotes me. I don't spend that long checking spelling, usually because I catch the mistakes as they happen, but I do spend a lot of time making sure the post says what I want it to say and makes sense.

I still consider myself a newbie because everywhere I go I see people who have been here since the dawn of time. :lol:

Dear god... that makes me cringe. I wonder if you could also blame the internet for his lack of vocabulary since reading books is sooo passe now.

No, he's just a surfer... It's their culture :tease:

I honestly think this guy was just screwing about doing his best Spicoli impression. I did it for about a 2 days straight when I first lived out of state as a kid, and had everyone convinced thats just how we spoke in California :lol:

9 hour day at work today, another tomorrow, one on Saturday, and Sunday as well. I spent today on a lift removing streaks someone left cleaning windows 25 feet in the air 2 or 3 years ago.

Yay for down week.

My ebay purchased Technics SA-5460 stereo reciever showed up today. For the first time in a long time, I'm actually listening to the radio because the tuner in this thing is so clear. It also makes for one hell of a headphone amp. 1970s audio equipment FTW.

:music: