Random Thoughts....

For the UK peeps, 'North Sea Hijack' is on 5 tonight at 8PM.

Presumably because it was assumed that American audiences might not know where the North Sea was, this action caper was retitled ffolkes for the US market. In view of the age of the stars, they might have gone the whole hog and titled it Old Ffolkes Home. Roger Moore is the frogman hero, James Mason is an admiral and Anthony Perkins is, as usual, demented and planning to hijack a North Sea oil rig. It's sub-Bond, sub-Frederick Forsyth, even sub-Alistair MacLean, and tailored to the UK market by cashing in on Britain's oil bonanza and by casting Faith Brook as the resident of 10 Downing Street. In a word, ffeeble.

Moore once said in an interview that he preferred this film to all the James Bond movies he had starred in.

On what channel?

EDIT: OH! On 5 @ 8. Duh. I will try to catch that, thanks! :)

Last edited:
Moore once said in an interview that he preferred this film to all the James Bond movies he had starred in.

No wonder, all the Bond movies that he starred in were rubbish!

No wonder, all the Bond movies that he starred in were rubbish!

:( How dare you.

I last saw the film, when it was on ITV a few years back. Obviously not brilliant, but Roger Moore is essentially John McClane in this film. :cool:

I think I may have just finished the longest single session game of Portal ever. It took 6 hours with an average framerate of about 10.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The tire changing phobics are attacking me because it's "dangerous" to do it yourself and I'm "patronizing" for suggesting otherwise. Oh my lord I swear some people are so afraid of their cars it's a wonder they're even allowed to drive. It's just a machine. Geez people. Maybe tire changing should be part of the driving test. How can you go out on the road not knowing how to do that? You people all change your own tires right? And you aren't dying in spades by the side of the road? And your wheels don't suddenly take leave of the axel at random intervals along the highway?

At least the last 2 times we had to change the tires on the car (summer->winter and back) I did it, though I'm wierd like that (went to school for a year as a mechanic).

At least the last 2 times we had to change the tires on the car (summer->winter and back) I did it, though I'm wierd like that (went to school for a year as a mechanic).

Are you sure you aren't dead yet either?

Yep. Changed tyres regularly on an XA Fairmont I had due to picking up endless horse shoe nails from around the horse agistment places I was at. In fact, I think I've changed tyres on all the cars I've owned come to think of it.

Funniest one was coming home from a B&S Ball one Sunday, VERY hungover having drunk vodka all night and I am NOT a vodka drinker. I'm with two other girls, both also a bit the worse for wear (but legally sober). Land Cruiser gets a puncture. We'd also hit a lot of bunnies and a couple of roos on our way out to the Ball the previous afternoon, and there was lots of bits of dead animal through the undercarriage. It took us a while (45 minutes or so) to get the whole thing sorted out (and it doesn't help when the tire iron is a useless piece of L shaped shit). Meanwhile, about 1000 cars had passed with others leaving the Ball, and only one guy stopped. Just in time to double check that the wheel nuts were done up tightly enough (which they were of course, and I'm fairly sure my deceased grandmother could have beaten him in an arm wrestle), hit on all three of us, and then leave.

You also don't sound dead. And eeeeeewwwwww @ dead animals. Maybe I don't want to move to Oz. This is an amazing board full of men and women who all know how to change tires and also aren't dead!

I can drop it under the car and accidentally knock the jack down, that might do it :lol:

That's ok. We know you're special.

That'll be a win by 197 runs, then. Thank you very much, Harmison.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow some poor soul will get an earful from a really, reeeeally pissed off customer. I would like to watch the final of the Cincinnati Masters, as it is airing right now, on Viasat Sport. And I have said channel, the match is underway as I write this. The problem is that the commentator is a fucking Finnish twat who knows aboslutely nothing about tennis !! Here's the kicker; all week long the commentary has been English and the blokes who do that are former ATP professionals and are very good at commentating matches.

But now as the tournament has reached it's final stages, I have to listen to this Finnish motherfucker who knows less about tennis, than a 3-year old. And that isn't even the worst part.....the voice of the man is agonisingly high pitched....and worst of all, he has all the enthusiasm of 95-year old waiting to die. It is physically painful to listen, I can't stand it.

And the only option they give me is.....a Swedish commentator, who manages to be even worse, for two reasons. First of all, my Swedish isn't good enough to understand everything he says and the man keeps shouting as if his testicles had caught fire.

It doesn't matter how much I change, rotate, dial, alternate or pick different options from the menu, it won't give me any other options but the asthmatic Finn or the hyperactive Swede....I have my current language settings on Russian and Arabic....sitll doesn't matter. Why the fuck would they force me to listen to this moron now, when all week long I have had the pleasure of listening to Jason Goodall's extremely professional commentary.

And I pay extra for this channel package and as a paying customer I should fucking get to choose my own preferred language !! Naturally I have visited both Viasats and my local cable operator's websites. The former directs me straight to my cable operator. And my cable operator DOESN'T HAVE ANY HELP, FAQ OR ANYTHING THE LIKE ON THEIR WEBSITE !! How retarded is that ?? Of course I could call them...but only on weekdays....until 18.00....the matches begin 19.00 my local time. There is an English commentary available, they do it in every tournament....so why the fuck can't I listen to it when I pay some bigass corporate motherfuckers for this service ?!?

It was the same deal with the last tournament, a week ago...then I perservered. This time I can't take it anymore. It is THAT bad I assure you. Tomorrow I will call the hotline-whatever and demand to know why the hell am I paying extra for these channels if I can't fucking use them the way I please. If I don't want to listen to this Finnish jackass, I shouldn't have to. But nooooooooooo.....I know it isn't the fault of the person answering the phone, but life isn't fair and someone will take the heat for this unless they give me some answers.

Fuck me I am angry right now.

Aaaaaaaarrghhhhh !!! My blood pressure is through the roof now and there seems to be a burn mark on the ceiling cause by the smoke pouring out of my ears.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The tire changing phobics are attacking me because it's "dangerous" to do it yourself and I'm "patronizing" for suggesting otherwise.

WHAT??? :blink:

Dangerous... :eek:

Brother Michael:
Viasat sucks. I tried to watch Super Bowl, and in every break they turned to studio with some Swedes with irritating voices.

Last edited:
Yesterday Viasat managed to broadcast the F1 qualifiers with both swedish and norwegian commentators at the same time. It took the monkeys at Viasat broadcast control 15 minutes to realize this.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/08/23/200px-Viasat.jpg
"Your anger is our happiness"

Last edited:
I don't care what any of ye think. WKD Blue is gooood stuff!!

I am currently eating it with some chicken and Uncle Bens microwave rice, and it is gooooood:D

Also, yay! One of the few good Simpsons eps is on now!!
"You don't win friends with salad..."

^ I will agree that WKD is nice to drink, but drinking it whilst keeping your dignity is damn hard. Unless you're a chav/pikey etc. I'm on the blackthorns eight now, and although that might not be as manly as they come, its certainly better than the 'it's-society's-fault teenager's fave'.

That screenshot of Bart, Homer and Marge before you click play is kind of scary...:(

Like they are all saying "Oh ya....:wicked:"

Jee...thanks :rolleyes::p

What I meant, was that it is very hard to keep yo...wait fuck. I dug myself a whole great hole there.

In other news, I want to spend money on something. But I don't know what. Saving is boring but is fairly necessary.

What I meant, was that it is very hard to keep yo...wait fuck. I dug myself a whole great hole there.

Yes...you did...

First you go all Gordon Ramsey on me in the Demots thread and now this

:cry:

:p

"The Fugitive" is on TV right now and it got me thinking...would you rather be Han Solo or Indiana Jones?