Random Thoughts....

My girlfriend gets sick on nitrates and nitrites that are often added to pork products.

Turkey Bacon is awful, and grocery store Oscar Meyer pork bacon is only marginally better.

Get some real bacon, even from the meat counter at a grocery store, and either cook it in a skillet, it put it between sheets of paper towel and nuke it. (Not the best, but it's good enough) and put a couple slides on a tomato and toast sandwich. Little mayo or other favorite salad dressing, and damn...that's good eatin'.

Best bacon ever: you know those baking sheets that have the grill-like rack that's very fine, not like a grill, but more like a large mesh? Spread out the bacon on the rack, and sprinkle with brown sugar and black pepper. Bake in a 350 oven for 30-35 minutes. Holy crap, it's like meat candy. So fucking good.

My girlfriend gets sick on nitrates and nitrites that are often added to pork products.

IS THAT WHAT IT IS?!
dfhgklsdhfg I should have known. :mad: Why must people ruin my food with their disgusting additives. And I thought the beef ones were bad, those just ruin taste not make me sick...

American bacon:

crispy_bacon_1.jpg

Canadian (and possibly British?) bacon:
canadianbacon.jpg

Sometimes people do not realise that value is relative. There are lots of things that impact relative value, not just the actual cash value - and its AC/DC FCS!

If it were AC/DC with Bon Scott I might shell out that much. But there'd have to be really good support acts. AC/DC with Brian Johnson, not a chance.

It's called curing, and it's done so meat doesn't go bad by the time it gets to market, which would make everyone sick.

That doesn't excuse the ones they give to the animals before they even kill them.

^ I have tasted happy animals and they indeed taste much better.

Does anyone want to trade a cold to a hangover? I wish I had a hangover and not cold.

I got bacon and pre-baked baguettes, but no mayo, tomatoes or salad. Can't do bacon bread without going to the shop and that feels like too exhausting. :(

Oh, and another random thought. Sleeping without pants made me see classified car ads by people without pants in my dreams last night. I kept waking up so I had to put my pants back on and the nightmares stopped. One of the weirdest dreams I've ever had. Possibly one of the gayest too. :|

It's recently been made apparent to me that bacon doesn't mean the same thing here as it does across the pond.

Really?

Wouldn't surprise me though, food terminologies are the worst thing in languages IMO. At least speaking from my English <=> German experience, there are massive ammounts of stuff in both languages without an adequate term in the other. And even terms that exist in both languages tend to denominate different things, sometimes meaning even changes reagionally within one language (i.e. British vs American). :?

To this day the distinction between pie and cake is a bit confusing to me, and the concept of savoury pies completely throws me off, since there's no equivalent in German. :blink:

^I'll take the cold AND the hangover if someone would like my cysts :D

Why is Dunkin's open AND BUSY at 4 AM? srsly there is something VERY WRONG in this country.

I am completely covered in sawdust after working on the sidepods for the SAE car today...

I am completely covered in sawdust after working on the sidepods for the SAE car today...

Is your chassis built yet?
Ours is still going, but is getting there...
I think we'll have to use a few parts from last yrs car....hmm :(

Well, the 09 chassis is getting CF panels put into places atm. There's still a fait bit of work from what I undestand.

I only recently joined the team, so I'm trying to learn everything atm.

Why is Dunkin's open AND BUSY at 4 AM? srsly there is something VERY WRONG in this country.
The same reason that Del Taco is open and busy right now.

* eating a DT burrito right now. Yum.

British streaky Bacon:

Our cures are not as sweet as the ones I tried in the US, but I found alot of the food there a bit sickly sweet.

bacon-in-streifen.jpg

Back Bacon (Cooked - lightly grilled) and scrambled eggs.

prda958f85e-005e-4d9a-b85c-44cd4f82f192.jpg

Last edited:
All this bacon makes me want to take the car out to the supermarket and buy some...