Random Thoughts....

There is apparently an email going around titled something to the effect of 'Random thoughts' and contains funny observations/jokes. It was taken from a site I frequent so I thought I'd share the original source for those that have seen it and if you haven't it is good for a laugh.

Ruminations.com - All Time

Seems appropriate for this thread. Some of these apparently made z100 (radio station in nyc) the other day which is cool considering I wrote one of them.

Rode for the first time since my crash and I feel pretty good, arm is a little sore but it sure felt great to me back on the bike.

so, i had my first day in college, it was brutal.

Random thought: remember what the hamster said about businessman in the UK thinking of their cars as a part of their suits.

Honduran teachers are not as posh
800px-2nd-Kia-Sephia.jpg

the corollas are slowly getting replaced by this and a lot of civics, to be fair i saw my first SLK today so it wasn't a total loss

also, my cat has passed away, i kinda miss him i guess

I have the strangest urge to buy myself something from Tiffany & Co. and I have NO idea why. =\ Then again I'm looking at things under $200 so it's not that bad... wait, it is. That's a brake job, a good new purse, money to spend on bills or money to be saved :lol: Doubt I'll get anything though, I'm not big on jewelry.

I just bought one of these chocolate bars. 6 bites in I get a pistachio shell. It's terrifying to be eating chocolate and suddenly get the hard cracking crunch in your mouth.

I started listening the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the radio series) and I love it!

Last edited:
I never thought I'd be this sad to see Reading Rainbow end. That show made a big impression on me as a child. Turns out all the money is now going towards teaching kids phonics, how to read, with nothing left over to show them them the joy. That's sad.

I never thought I'd be this sad to see Reading Rainbow end. That show made a big impression on me as a child. Turns out all the money is now going towards teaching kids phonics, how to read, with nothing left over to show them them the joy. That's sad.

It's a damn shame.

When I was a little girl I had a speech impediment, and spent my preschool years in a special needs class. My strongest coping mechanism would be reading---lots of reading. When class ended, there was stuff in the afternoon to watch. I remember watching Scrabble, Super Password, and Reading Rainbow the most, as there were all those words and stories and such that assisted me in the learning process.

My parents remembered sometime down the line that they knew I had gotten over the worst of the impediment when I proceeded to read an entire storybook, word for word, to my teachers. So in a sense, I have to say a bit of a thank-you to LeVar Burton for all those years of introducing me to worlds upon worlds of stories and imagination.

Ahh, the nostalgia:

[youtube]wm_Mv4uL3s4[/youtube]

Rode for the first time since my crash and I feel pretty good, arm is a little sore but it sure felt great to me back on the bike.

What kind of bike is it?

The show has actually been over for a few years now.

What kind of bike is it?

Since you are the great defender of motorcycles you might be disappointed to find out it is a Specialized Road Bicycle powered by me:lol:. I would however like to own a motorcycle someday, preferably something like this...
sport_1000_s_1.jpg

The show has actually been over for a few years now.

Yes it has, but they're stopping even the reruns now. The thing is, it isn't being replaced with anything. I can't think of any new show centering on the joy of reading. Everything now is either phonics or "infotainment" centric. I guess the closest thing is Arthur but that show is almost entirely entertainment. Occasionally he picks up a book. Live action educational entertainment TV is going to the wayside. I guess it's the way of the future. Sesame Street is one of the last ones and it's probably 40+% animated these days and it's aimed at really little kids. I know I'm weird having such a soft spot for children's TV, but I always have.

I remember when you went to the library, the Reading Rainbow book you wanted was ALWAYS already checked out!

Last edited:
... I know I'm weird having such a soft spot for children's TV, but I always have.

I remember when you went to the library, the Reading Rainbow book you wanted was ALWAYS already checked out!

I'm with you on the love for children's programming, it is sad that many of these types of programs are falling to the wayside. I hope my future children have a program similar to Reading Rainbow to help develop a love of learning. I have no doubt that my love of reading was a by product of watching Reading Rainbow.

I'm with you on the love for children's programming, it is sad that many of these types of programs are falling to the wayside. I hope my future children have a program similar to Reading Rainbow to help develop a love of learning. I have no doubt that my love of reading was a by product of watching Reading Rainbow.

You see though, YOUR children won't need a show like this. Because you're going to be there reading them bedtime stories, drawing illustrations at the kitchen table, and taking trips to the library. It's the other kids I'm sad for.

I'm sure our parents thought our TV shows were crap. I hope they keep coming up with good stuff.

Pfft, if and when I have kids I will try to get ahold of everything I watched as a kid and have them watch that instead of the garbage that they run now. Fake them out by playing only one episode a week and then fill in the time slots with other awesome old shows :thumbsup:

Today's cartoons and live-action shows are just.. horrible.. it's no wonder kids have a hard time sitting still when the shows themselves jump around the storyline. :dunno:

Oh, and I'm becoming a gym fan. Super glad I got the membership and slowly seeing results :love:

Today's cartoons and live-action shows are just.. horrible.. it's no wonder kids have a hard time sitting still when the shows themselves jump around the storyline. :dunno:

You know, there are people who blame that entirely on Sesame Street.

Oh, and I'm becoming a gym fan. Super glad I got the membership and slowly seeing results :love:

Crazy talk! Gym is just another synonym for hell. It's hot and sweaty and people judge you all the time. Yup, sounds familiar. :p

Still up, as usual. Ate too much too late, I think.

So, wildfire anyone?

IMG00005-20090830-1854.jpg

Yeah, most of LA can see it. Doesn't matter where they live, they can probably see it.
Aww, not fun. One of my friends is stuck near that fire and said that a lot of stuff near her has closed up for the time being. Boo fires. :(

You know, there are people who blame that entirely on Sesame Street.

They are probably jealous that they weren't able to see that show as a kid.

Crazy talk! Gym is just another synonym for hell. It's hot and sweaty and people judge you all the time. Yup, sounds familiar. :p

Hot and sweaty, sounds like my kind of fun! :shifty:

Eh, the judging, sure but when you get in the "zone" of working out it's fine. Plus if you go during the slow hours there are very few people in the gym which means more machines are free :) Plus its very nice to watch the tatt'ed guys walking around :wicked: