Random Thoughts....

My school somehow manages to get ball mice hooked up to even the newest of our computers. Makes me want to scream.

My school somehow manages to get ball mice hooked up to even the newest of our computers. Makes me want to scream.

We had that issue in high school as well. The students solved it by stealing all the balls and forcing them to get optical ones. :D

We had that issue in high school as well. The students solved it by stealing all the balls and forcing them to get optical ones. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

At my high school, there were a couple teachers who prevented that by removing the balls from all the mice in the room, and issuing one when someone went to use the computer.

At my high school, there were a couple teachers who prevented that by removing the balls from all the mice in the room, and issuing one when someone went to use the computer.

Yeck. If I were to be in highschool again now I'd just carry my own mouse with me. My VX Revolution is small and the receiver stores inside the mouse, so it would work well for that sort of situation.

We had the same situation in my previous school. :lol: Some of the computers had been without mice for a long time until someone finally noticed it.

In my high school we have optical mice, but they are rubbish. I hate them. Sometimes they don't work :mad:.

Nothing wrong with a ball mouse as long as it is properly maintained... unfortunately this is likely not the case with a public access one. Regardless, I have used only optical mice for a while now. Just easier not having to worry about cleaning.

Nothing wrong with a ball mouse as long as it is properly maintained... unfortunately this is likely not the case with a public access one. Regardless, I have used only optical mice for a while now. Just easier not having to worry about cleaning.

Microsoft intellimouse with the ball was one of the finest mice I've ever had

I remember last year, my shop class kept taping over the optical lights for the mice and whenever the person who tried to use the mouse wondered why it didn't work we told them it was because they touched themselves at night and random stuff like that. Then the teacher got mad at us and threatened to send us to detention the next time anyone did it. So we started the highlighting every icon on the desktop and right clicking open, man that was hilarious!

msftIntellimouse.jpg

8 years and running, hasn't missed a beat. Outlasted an Intellimouse laser along the way, as well.

Say what you will about Microsoft, but they make some damn good mice. The old-school Intellimouse with the ball we had before also lasted a long time, as well as being the staple we used at school.

I'm still waiting for my supposedly special mouse at work to prevent me compressing the nerve in my left forearm...when it comes there will be a photo. ATM I have a cardboard slope under my mousepad to lift my arm off the table and it gives me the shits.

I'm still waiting for my supposedly special mouse at work to prevent me compressing the nerve in my left forearm...when it comes there will be a photo. ATM I have a cardboard slope under my mousepad to lift my arm off the table and it gives me the shits.

do what people do here if they want new stuff and it's denied, complain about ergonomics.

Some guy got a 23" LCD doing that.

I've been using my laptop so much lately (no internet in the apartment) that it feels kinda weird to use a regular mouse.

As for annoying things that schools do to keep you from stealing mice, just about anything would be an improvement to what they've done to the editing lab here. They're all the standard Mac mice, which would be fine, but they've tied them up so tightly that it really doesn't give you enough mouse cord to work with. Pretty much blows to edit any video stuff with. "I need to drag and drop this over there, but my mouse won't reach that far across the screen."

I've been using my laptop so much lately (no internet in the apartment) that it feels kinda weird to use a regular mouse.

As for annoying things that schools do to keep you from stealing mice, just about anything would be an improvement to what they've done to the editing lab here. They're all the standard Mac mice, which would be fine, but they've tied them up so tightly that it really doesn't give you enough mouse cord to work with. Pretty much blows to edit any video stuff with. "I need to drag and drop this over there, but my mouse won't reach that far across the screen."

Our uni is lax with that sort of stuff, there really is not much stopping you from stealing the keyboard and mouse

Our uni is lax with that sort of stuff, there really is not much stopping you from stealing the keyboard and mouse

Oddly, my school (5 years ago) had a big problem with people stealing mouse balls.

They never thought to switch to optical mice...