Random Thoughts....

Dear grocery store bagboys,

A purchase of a 1L bottle of milk and a 200mL bottle of shampoo does not warrant two bags.

Your buddy,
Strong Bad chaos386

They do that here too. They are told to keep the bags small, for old ladies and people who bitch when a bag breaks, which is usually do to being torn by bad packing and not because it was overstuffed.

Wrong section.

Last edited:
I had no idea until you mentioned it and I looked it up that the RAAF still uses F-111 in active duty. Hmm, you learn something new everyday.

And the RAAF was criticised for buying a bunch of Super Hornets since they're just a stop gap until they get F35s. But at the same time, buying the Super Hornets means that if the F35s take longer than expected they'll be able to get more Super Hornets cheaper. Silly Aussies.

Finally feeling well enough to go places and be out of the house. This weekend doesn't suck so far! Yay!

Dear grocery store bagboys,

A purchase of a 1L bottle of milk and a 200mL bottle of shampoo does not warrant two bags.

Your buddy,
Strong Bad chaos386

You should be happy, here you have to buy the bags if you want them, they are of quite a better quality and can be used several times.

I have more issues with bagging here. I really, really wish they'd just let me do my own. I have my own, reusable bags and they seem to think that because I "don't want to waste" that they should shove as much as humanly possible in each bag, leaving several empty. They tried to put FOUR 2-liter bottles of soda in one once. Please tell me what kind of sense this makes? I've had the bags for years! They can use as may as they want and NOTHING will go to waste. Seriously people, THINK. There's only one bagger, a disabled man, who ever gets it done in a sensible way. It also bugs me when they comment on how my bags are from a different store. What, am I supposed to have a different set of bags for each freaking grocery store in town? Jerks.

You should be happy, here you have to buy the bags if you want them, they are of quite a better quality and can be used several times.

But surely the quality cancels out the price. The bags here bio-degrade while you're carrying them into the house. Tins and bottles can be difficult to keep up with on a hill.

the bags here are totally awesome ones that can withstand pretty much anything

<-------dad works as a executive salesman for a plastics company

shhh. don't tell anybody. also my avatar is not the monopoly guy it's him

mel_zelaya_informacion.jpg

They do that here too. They are told to keep the bags small, for old ladies and people who bitch when a bag breaks, which is usually do to being torn by bad packing and not because it was overstuffed.

One thing to consider, too, from a former grocery store clerk:

We were trained to keep cleaning supplies in a separate bag from food. Ever have a box of raisins and a box of dryer sheets spend any amount of time in a bag together? You bought milk and shampoo. More than likely, he's get shit for NOT doing it than he would for doing it too much.

I actually got sworn-at by a customer who was upset that U put his dozen eggs on the top of the items in the bag. "Now, what the fuck happens when the fucking eggs break? Egg gets all-the-fuck over everything under it in the bag, doesn't it?! Think for a minute!"

I went to target today, and they put my dryer sheets and soap in a small bag, tied it shut, and put it in one of my two other larger bags which did contain food items. My girlfriend would have been pissed that they "wasted" the extra bag, but I appreciated it as I'm not a fan of BBQ Soap Potato Chips.

i just remember today is the 12th which means CAKE DAY!

I actually got sworn-at by a customer who was upset that U put his dozen eggs on the top of the items in the bag.

I swear to god I didn't mean to! :cry:

*bam* the typo nitpicker strikes again

One thing to consider, too, from a former grocery store clerk:

We were trained to keep cleaning supplies in a separate bag from food. Ever have a box of raisins and a box of dryer sheets spend any amount of time in a bag together? You bought milk and shampoo. More than likely, he's get shit for NOT doing it than he would for doing it too much.

I actually got sworn-at by a customer who was upset that U put his dozen eggs on the top of the items in the bag. "Now, what the fuck happens when the fucking eggs break? Egg gets all-the-fuck over everything under it in the bag, doesn't it?! Think for a minute!"

I went to target today, and they put my dryer sheets and soap in a small bag, tied it shut, and put it in one of my two other larger bags which did contain food items. My girlfriend would have been pissed that they "wasted" the extra bag, but I appreciated it as I'm not a fan of BBQ Soap Potato Chips.

All of which makes my reusable bags SO much easier for them, in theory. Absolutely no wasted bags and yet they all do exactly the opposite as they're trained and cram as much crap into each bag as they possibly can with no regards to weight, contamination, or content. It makes me batty that a different decoration on the outside and they suddenly all go mad. My bags are shaped and pack just like paper sacks. How hard can it be to make that tiny, tiny leap?

I had no idea until you mentioned it and I looked it up that the RAAF still uses F-111 in active duty. Hmm, you learn something new everyday.

Yeah, there being retired at the end of this year I believe.

It makes me batty that a different decoration on the outside and they suddenly all go mad.

So turn the bag inside out so the logos don't show. Yeesh.

So turn the bag inside out so the logos don't show. Yeesh.

Then they'd just sit there and waste a million hours with "oh your bags are inside out!" And I'd have to explain why, and they're turn them back, and it would be an even worse nightmare. The high end natural grocery is the only place in town that doesn't completely freak over them.

I just discovered that texting random incomprehensible things to my friends and completely confusing them is actually really amusing. It's cheering me up on a day where I feel all unmotivated and not wanting to do anything for some reason. Probably hormones or come crap like that.

Today was wet. Tomorrow: probably wet. The next day...yep.

I feel like I'm back in Seattle, only the rain here is way more hardcore. Makes for some fun puddles, though...