Random Thoughts....

melbournian

Car(s)
2003 Honda Jazz VTi-S
Right, so centerlink?

That's the one.

And yes, Hidden_Hunter, I should totally have joined VicRoads :( :lol: now I'm paranoid I'll get fired or something. Centrelink is a TOUGH gig.

nsx_23

Forum Addict
I can't imagine working there and dealing with some of the leeching idiots that abuse the system. I'd just whack them over the head with a glass bottle.

melbournian

Car(s)
2003 Honda Jazz VTi-S
I can't imagine working there and dealing with some of the leeching idiots that abuse the system. I'd just whack them over the head with a glass bottle.

luckily I'm on the phones, so no physical contacts, and they can't see my facial expression/endless folding of paper cranes as a form of meditation (I have about 500 paper cranes littering my desk and my workmate's desks)

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
Why must the neighbors do construction?
You know how long they have been doing this addition? I don't I may have not been born yet.

ashspet

Nothing to see here, move along people!
DONOR
^^And since I share a lot of the same clients, some of them are likely to get swinging first.

Had a guy with a knife come see us the other day. Counter officer saw it tucked into his waistband when his jacket gaped as he bent over the counter to scream at her. Came and told me he wanted to see me and that he was rather irate. MENTIONED NOTHING ABOUT THE KNIFE. Let me walk into an interview room, no line of sight to anyone else in the office, no duress alarms, and somewhat separate from the main area, and no fixed furniture (basically just a large staff meeting room, chairs and a round desk in the middle).

God I can talk fast when under stress.

Counter officer looked at me in disbelief when I reprimanded her for her lapse in judgement.

/Too many new avatars! I have no idea who I'm talking to!

Last edited:

melbournian

Car(s)
2003 Honda Jazz VTi-S
^^And since I share a lot of the same clients, some of them are likely to get swinging first.

Had a guy with a knife come see us the other day. Counter officer saw it tucked into his waistband when his jacket gaped as he bent over the counter to scream at her. Came and told me he wanted to see me and that he was rather irate. MENTIONED NOTHING ABOUT THE KNIFE. Let me walk into an interview room, no line of sight to anyone else in the office, no duress alarms, and somewhat separate from the main area, and no fixed furniture (basically just a large staff meeting room, chairs and a round desk in the middle).

God I can talk fast when under stress.

Counter officer looked at me in disbelief when I reprimanded her for her lapse in judgement.

Too many new avatars! I have no idea who I'm talking to!

Bloody Hell! I can't believe that counter officer still has a job. If I were her I would have made damn sure that he didn't go anywhere near any staff or fellow customers and certainly not a private area. That's ridiculous of her not to say anything.

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail

Buffy_09

Did this whole avatar day thing start because of me? Because one of the main reasons why I changed mine was because Lurker was all up my arse over it....

ashspet

Nothing to see here, move along people!
DONOR
Unfortunately firing people for total idiocy would result in us losing about half our staff. Not to mention that it is not easy to get someone fired. I'd even spent half an hour calming down and totally refrained from choking her to death. Not even a fingerprint on her neck!!!

melbournian

Car(s)
2003 Honda Jazz VTi-S
Unfortunately firing people for total idiocy would result in us losing about half our staff. Not to mention that it is not easy to get someone fired. I'd even spent half an hour calming down and totally refrained from choking her to death. Not even a fingerprint on her neck!!!

:lol: very restrained of you. And true about firing people for idiocy.

nsx_23

Forum Addict
:lol: very restrained of you. And true about firing people for idiocy.

I swear some of the people I work with should definitely get fired for incompetence.

Buffy_09

I admire your restraint :blink:

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
^ You must spread more Rep...

Man, I hate that guy. I forgot that it was him and not some other poor sap who had to star alongside Sarah Jessica Fucking Parker in that movie up there...if women could have hard-ons, they'd be tenting every time somebody mentions his name.

My girlfriend hates Mathew McCaounagheysywhateverishisname with a passion, and that makes me laugh because he is always on those stupid "101 hottest [insert male adjetive here]". :lol:

JScullin

Car(s)
'00 Mercury Cougar, '13 Ford Fusion 2.0l Ecoboost
I plugged in a heater at work today and it blew the fuse for my side of the department. So while we were milling about waiting for it to be reset my boss walked into my room and saw all the pencils I'd been shooting up into the ceiling and was like "John, WTF are you doing in here?"

:rofl:

flydiscovery

Car(s)
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS
I'm sure everyone's seen this already but whatever, it's apt.

[YOUTUBE]CuYD2cwMbpw[/YOUTUBE]

All that did was make me crush on Matt Damon and I'm normally really averse to the accent.

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
If signature bunny was ice cold and on the back right side of my head right now, I'd be having a better morning. Bleeeeaaarrrrghfhghghhjjhhhmigraine. Still.

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
Four days of University down. I'm really tired, but it's looking pretty good so far. Interesting stuff to study (although Maths will eventually get on my nerves at some point, obviously), I've landed in a group which looks to be made up of decent people; the only issue is contradicting timetables which threw us in a bit of confusion during this week.

Austere

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz 280S
The best car in the GTA series of games is the Sentinel from GTAIII. Nothing else has the poise and balance and there is certainly no better car for drifting. You were just as in control in a four-wheel drift as you were standing still.
The precise and delicate feel of the control combined with the exact, accurate nature of the handling make it easily one of the best drivers cars in the GTA series. It's nimble and fast enough to get away from any adversary yet it's large enough to seat a crew of four and it's strong enough to last the duration of most chases. Add to that it's handsome yet non-eye-catching looks and you've got the ideal transport for 99% of applications.

But it wasn't just good for missions - I recall the many hours spent driving around in my dark purple Sentinel just for fun; I'd get high and just drive around Liberty City - always driving as fast as I possibly could and performing outlandish maneuvers whenever the opportunity presented itself. In the end I got so in tune with it that I could completely avoid collision indefinitely with just a wee bit of focus and just the right amount of pizza grease and Mountain Dew on the controller. A friend asked me to demonstrate this ability and after almost an hour of driving aimlessly without collision it was the accumulation of damage from random gunfire that that finally brought it down and with the car ablaze without a dent on it I just coasted to a halt, stepped out and let it explode.

Not only is it the best it's also my favourite. But only in that dark purple.