Random Thoughts....

um, it's a keyboard. That's probably the issue.

^ It's suits, but it's "modern professional", so it's not black suit, white shirt. People were wearing cardigans instead of suit jackets when I went to the information session. I daresay I would get away with a fair bit, but I will mostly be just wearing bright shirts/accessories. :D

You could probably get away with going all VOGUE on them.

I've got a new adicction: online international radio stations :D

The same is true of Chinese food.
Oooh...so true.

There is no good Chinese food here. It makes me sad. :(

BlaRo: it's the exact opposite here, though--we've got Mexicans working the Chinese restaurants, haha. For some reason, we've got a decent Thai place, but most of the other Asian places seem to think that Wacoing-down their food is a good idea. The Vietnamese place near campus figured out how to do decent, almost-fusion-type cuisine with some off-menu delights on hand for those of us who love it. At the Chinese places, though, this usually means adding so much salt that it kills what little flavor's there, frying things that shouldn't be fried, avoiding strong spices, and offering it buffet-style. I'm klutzy and eat like a bird--thus, I tend to loathe buffets.

I used to live in Seattle--the Mexican was bland, there really was no Tex-Mex, but dadgummit, the Asian food was fantastic. If there's a place that can do both well...OMG. Do want.

Last edited:
^Any recommendations for restaurants in Waco, I'll be there for the OSU-Baylor game on October 24.

sounds good :) When I'm feeling lazy I wear black pants, a blouse, flats and cardigan...today I'm wearing a manadrin collared shift dress, cardigan and tights. And ridiculously high heels (well ok maybe three inches but I never wear heels, they feel very high).

The trick is, knowing when to wear the right clothes

Man, working from home is so awesome. :thumbsup:

^Any recommendations for restaurants in Waco, I'll be there for the OSU-Baylor game on October 24.
Depends on what you're after. Most of the time, I direct people to George's--it's between campus and the stadium, has some of the best chicken fried steak I've ever had, and is known for supercold 18-oz.? schooners of beer (Big Os) that are only a couple of bucks each.

Cricket's (downtown) is the other one I send people to. It's pricier and I'm not as fond of the food as I am George's (though it's still good), but the beer selection is to die for.

Both have standard TX fare with a little bit of everything, so if you're bringing picky-types along, it's easy for them to find something to eat. They do tend to get packed at games, though.

George's and Vitek's (a BBQ place) both set up at the games outside the stadium, offering a limited selection of munchies and overpriced cheap beer. Though I haven't tried their stadium stand yet, Vitek's "gut pak" is fantastic (it's like a Frito pie with chopped brisket and sausage). Their restaurant (near BU) is good, too, but there's no indoor seating--a small price to pay for tasty 'q, though.

Mexican--there really aren't many standouts unless you go to a hole-in-the wall that doesn't speak much English. Ninfa's downtown and Trujillo's on the circle are decent for Tex-Mex, and Siete Mares on Dutton does Mexican seafood (used to attract a lot of Secret Service-types when Dubya was prez). My taco coma yesterday came from a stand on La Salle called Taqueria Zacatecas, though it's yet another place with no indoor seating (which isn't what I want after being outside for a game).

The Thai place I mentioned--Bangkok Royal--is also downtown. It's pretty good for something different.

There's a few other places that are good, but they're farther off from the stadium. Waco also suffers from an overabundance of chain restaurants. We've got all the usual ones: Chili's, Texas Roadhouse, Cheddar's, El Chico, etc., etc.--but why would I send you there when you probably have the same thing in OK?

(Long post, but hey, I've been here too darn long!)

I would just like to say

I LOVE WINDOWS 7!

Hurray for MS Education giving people full Win 7 early.

I would just like to say

I LOVE WINDOWS 7!

Hurray for MS Education giving people full Win 7 early.

It's great on the desktop, a couple of instability problems on the netbook but I suspect Intel video drivers... should get better once the thing is actually released (I hope).

^I'm looking to buy a new netbook sometime soon, and yeah, I'm probably going to wait till Win7 is "officially out".