Random Thoughts....

Now I have the "spiderpig" song stuck in my head. That's a perfect way to start my day.

500x_dremel-4000.jpg

WANT

They have TOBACCO CONTROL OFFICERS?? Oh good grief. Give me a break. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

I disagree, I use my Dremel all the time, I couldn't do half my silly random projects without it!

Yeah, but there are very few things that the dremel is best at. For cutting any sort of steel, anyone with a bit of skill with an angle grinder is faster and just as accurate. For cutting shapes, a jigsaw with a good blade is a lot better. For carving & etching, you're best off with pneumatic tools (is that the wrong word?) A dremel is really just a toy, but for some tasks, it's ok.:)

^I always used a dremel on mah dogs claws...

Took a nap today after the tooth extraction. Woke up having drooled blood all over my hoodie.

I just sent an open job application to Porsche Finland....at the very least they will get a huge laugh in the morning...

So it's been a bit over a week in my new job.

Aaaaaaand it sucks. Selling furniture sucks. It's not the selling part, that's actually quite alright, but the furniture....I am just soooo uninterested in furniture. Yes I like nice furniture in the sense that what I personally would like to have. But in general if a customer is seeking a dinner table, I find the most expensive on in his/her price range and then sell that....the customer sees the final piece in their decorating puzzle and all I see is a few pieces of lumber. That's it. It's extremely difficult to sell anything if you are not interested in the product.

And I am one of those people who need to be interested in something in order to be good at it....writing for example: I have never ever been able to just write a load of BS about a random subject....I need to have an opinion, provocation, edge...anything. I need to have my heart in it. Otherwise it all comes out boring. I can't "just do it". Hence why I am rather good at ranting about various subjects; I tell it like I see it.

Gaah...and then there are the customers, which most are okay, but every now and then you get the occasional dumbass. Like this twat who bought a sofa from me last week and when he got it he decided he after all doesn't like it, but refuses to pay the shipping cost to get rid of it. Thank god I have a day off tomorrow.

The only reason I took this job is because I am desperate for moeny right now. As soon as I find something even remotely interesting, I am out of there. Yes the pay can be quite good, but I would much rather do something I really love for a decent amount of money, than something which I hate for a bucketload of cash.

The Porsche thing was just...I don't know what it was...I happened to be in the neighbourhood where the dealership is, decided to go in and ask how I can apply for a job...any job. And they politely, if a bit shocked/amused, directed me to an email address where I should send my resume.

Somebody please hire me !!!

Last edited:
I would much rather do something I really love for a decent amount of money, than something which I hate for a bucketload of cash.

Right on. Good luck!

I'm sorry but I don't think this is hugely strange or inappropriate? Is there something wrong with, say, going to dinner with a few different guys to get to know who you want to date exclusively? I kind of thought that was what dating meant. If you only see one person exclusively then how do you get to know if they're right or wrong?

Personaly I've always been of the opinion that you should go out with people one at a time, rather than 4 at once and see which one is the best sort of thing...
For one thing I can't normaly find more than one person at a time that I actually like and would go out with, even then its generaly a case of 'I like them but they'd rather die than be seen with me'!:D

However I am known for being old-fashioned and boring so perhaps I'm just of touch with the modern world!:lol:

Personaly I've always been of the opinion that you should go out with people one at a time, rather than 4 at once and see which one is the best sort of thing...
For one thing I can't normaly find more than one person at a time that I actually like and would go out with, even then its generaly a case of 'I like them but they'd rather die than be seen with me'!:D

However I am known for being old-fashioned and boring so perhaps I'm just of touch with the modern world!:lol:

No, I also think it's quite normal, and not just the older you get. As far back as 17 I would for example go out to dinner with one girl on Monday, out for ice cream with another on tuesday, watch a movie with a third on thursday, take the first to a party on friday.

BUT: As soon as I hooked up with one, that's the last of it, and I'm not gonna take any of the others out on a date, because I'm not a cheating/deceiving person.

However, going out to dinner is NOT an exclusive contract, and there's no reason not to do it with multiple people.

Klankymen explained what I'm trying to say. It's actually NOT a modern concept in any way but rather traditional and old fashioned. Ask your parents how they dated. This business of "we've had coffee and now we're only seeing each other" is completely new and total BS. Once you "hook up" with someone (however you want to define that), everyone else is OUT. But seriously, going out to dinner does not make someone your significant other.

My Sonata Arctica CDs have arrived, SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!! :thumbsup:

Maybe she's got a...GREAT ASS:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5vlco4yvSc[/YOUTUBE]

:dunno:

Oh my god. Great scene from a great movie!
The shocked look on the guy's face kicks it up the final notch to epicdom. And you know what's the best thing about it? It's real.
In the director commentary, Michael Mann noted that Al Pacino ad-libbed the line "Because she's got a... GREAT ASS!" and Hank Azaria's look of exasperated shock was totally genuine.

:mrgreen:

PS:
BlaRo, will you marry me? Strictily plutonic, of course. :lol:

My issue is the lack of honesty. If you're just having coffee, that's fine, but if you're leading someone on so they think you're dating, yeeeeah. Something's off. You don't make it quasi-almost-official and then go, "BTW, I'm seeing other girls..." The quasi-official-relationshipness makes it seem exclusive, and if you're not up-front about that from the start...what do you expect him to think? "Oh, we're just having dinnerandamovieandmorethancoffee for...?"

I have no issue with that setup--it's the sneaking around about it that (if true) could be about 87 kinds of wrong.

Only 10 more days until "Where the Wild Things are" comes out, I am very excited since it was my favorite book when I was a kid.

Only 10 more days until "Where the Wild Things are" comes out, I am very excited since it was my favorite book when I was a kid.

It looks amazing. My jaw dropped when I saw the preview before Harry Potter. I actually think that preview was actually better than the movie it preceded. It looks like the characters just stood up and walked out of the book in the most beautiful, amazing clarity. I was impressed.

Poopies, my disc drive doesn't seem to be working :(