Random Thoughts....

Austere

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz 280S
When my friend went to the US, he was also looking at Sebrings. I talked him into getting a Mercury Grand Marquis instead. He still loves me for it.
ZOMG! You read my mind! I was thinking Lincoln Town Car!

It's not exactly a good car but it's pretty cool to anyone outside the mainland US because we just never see them.... and it's big and very comfortable and it's very American so it seems like a cool car to rent if you're over there.
Also, it's a veritable land-bus of a car so it's chock-full of that good, old timey crash safety and not this modern-day, powder-puff, airbag, crumple-zone, sissy-pansy bullshit.... So i'd have a certain degree of "peace of mind" and certainly more than I'd have if I knew she was getting about in a Sebring convertible.

LeMans GTR

I just got around 300 rep points for posting a pic of Charlize Theron....and it wasn't even that hot.

Magnet

Car(s)
BMW E46 328Ci
I just got around 300 rep points for posting a pic of Charlize Theron....and it wasn't even that hot.

Why search the web for a wristy when you can come right here? That way it doesn't show up in your internet history!

Magnet

Car(s)
BMW E46 328Ci
Jesus, I'd give it a crack. Then promptly vomit.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
So anyway, my sister who I love dearly, will be taking a trip to The America with a few of her friends. It's been planned for a while now. I've told her to eat at White Castle and then give me a detailed account. Also, same deal for In 'N' Out Burger for when she's way out west. I want her to take pics of the Woolworth building, Penn Station and other some old buildings too. In addition to that I want her to taste some caffeinated Mountain Dew and some of that Dr Pepper that's made from real sugar. Basically, it's all about me living vicariously because I've always wanted to visit the United States but right now I haven't got the money and there's no way they'd let me through customs anyway.

I have a point, though and this is it: Yesterday I asked her "how do you plan to get around?" Turns out they are renting a car. "Ooooh" I thinks to meself "I like cars. Say more words about cars!"

Anyway, they all like the idea of getting a convertible. I myself am really not a rag-top kinda guy but I do understand the draw. However. And it's a big enough however that it gets a new paragraph.

However: They're getting a bloody Chrysler Sebring. I really want to meddle in her businesses and force her to get something decent.

Must. Resist. Urge.

To be fair, if you're looking for a big cheap convertible (i.e. comfortable back seats), you don't have a lot of choices. Volvo C70 comes to mind but it would be more expensive.

Because of this, when my dad wanted a big convertible he was forced to get one of these:
L02.jpg

Austere

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz 280S
I haven't really looked into it. There's no way she'd listen to me, even I found something awesome for... not much money - she doesn't like it when I do things.

I'm sure she could at least get a convertible Mustang, like NooDle suggested or even something like a Saab or a Volvo or an Audi. But surely anything would be better than a Chrysler?

Volvo C70 comes to mind but it would be more expensive.

That's half the problem. I bet she just sorted the list of rental convertibles by price and then just scrolled all the way to the bottom.:rolleyes:

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
To be fair, if you're looking for a big cheap convertible (i.e. comfortable back seats), you don't have a lot of choices. Volvo C70 comes to mind but it would be more expensive.

Because of this, when my dad wanted a big convertible he was forced to get one of these:
L02.jpg

I mus be crazy. I promptly imagined that thing in an autocross event...:lol:

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
I'm sure she could at least get a convertible Mustang, like NooDle suggested or even something like a Saab or a Volvo or an Audi. But surely anything would be better than a Chrysler?

......My car is a a 4 convertible you could see if they have those :lol:

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
Don't resist urge, Austere.

If they can get something more fun than a Sebring, they totally should.

I'm not a huge fan of driving big barges in town, but a big sqishy Grand Marquis like that is perfect if they'll be driving for long distances.

The usual selection of rentals here isn't too fun, but what the heck--I live here, so I see 'em all the time. The last rental I had was a Pontiac G5?, which was kinda fun. The other time I had a rental, it was a Malibu, so maybe I was just relieved to get something I could park with the G5, LOL.

Last edited:

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5
surely anything would be better than a Chrysler?

Yes. Dear god yes. My dad got shunted into a Sebring when the place ran out of Mustangs, and I made the mistake of trying it out. It didn't even feel like a convertible, with its high sides and backside and a windshield too close to the driver, drove worse than a Camry, and had an interior by Wal-Mart. That, and the trunk is utterly useless when the top is down, not even room for a soft bag. The Chrysler Sebring will ruin any vacation.