Random Thoughts....

Ah, well I was worried about the little "m" and all other subsequent words were ignored because we limit queries to 32 words bit.

I think that's just for the search, not for the calculator. I'll double check my answer nonetheless on my graphing calculator or just replug it in again but shorten it :p. Thanks for spotting it.

My teacher would yell at me for not showing my work and I would have the whole paper marked wrong. For things like that I argue that I used my engineering mind to find the answer by using the available resources.

Teachers like to see your work shown. I still do show my work in full, but as for plugging in at the very end, it's a 1 step thing. Usually all the variable elimination/reduction/simplification stuff comes before all this, so I discount that from the plugging in portion. Only once I've gotten the final simplified equation do I just write out the answer. I have been berated for this before by a couple of professors, but they can't argue if I get the right equation and the right final answer in the right units.

Is this what you mean, or are they seriously asking you to write like (5 m^2) / (3.35 s^3) * 6.67E-11 Nm^2/Kg^2 etc etc etc.

Your 16, and guessing in highschool, he is 22 and I am guessing in University or College there is a big difference between homework in the two. I know friends that right out page long answers for just rough, then just hand in the answer and get 100%.

I do the opposite. I write the short-ish answer for rough, in prep for the problem/discussion section. There's no point in writing the entire thing out if you're just going to the blackboard and saying "this is the process by which I got to this final equation and then I plugged in the values and got X". For the final homework I always make sure to show steps because I've been marked severely in the past for getting the answer completely wrong at the end even though it was just an algebraic issue.

I now write my problems like

Integrating gives => <whatever the equation is>
Dividing r^2 gives => <next step>

and so on.

I now write my problems like

Integrating gives => <whatever the equation is>
Dividing r^2 gives => <next step>

and so on.

Bloody hate that, as I am super lazy, I only do it with Guass-Jordan Elimination crap. Even then...why am I doing that for assignments...as I can just find the answers on calculators.

Oh, I didn't think it was a private pool, figured it was a school pool or something. But still, a lot of turning as mentioned. Would drive me batty.

We're getting rid of our pool soon, it's pretty much so buggered. Instead we're getting our garage extended so we can fit the cars and bikes better. Guess which one I prefer? :lol:

Meh, there's a 25m heated pool 5 minutes away from me, I just go there to swim. Ours isn't heated and our neighbours have a good view of it (*shudder*). And ours is about 7m long, so nowhere near long enough for decent laps.

Man, I could go for a swim this weekend, since I'm going to the big town anyways. My last swim was on vacation, in August :(
One time i went swimming every Friday (80km to the capitol, if it was closer I'd go more often.), night swimming, only thy lights in the pool work.
And it's a great workout, ready for bed after it :D

Yeah as much as I'd like a private pool, I couldn't do a short one like that. I used to swim with our university swim club when i was in jr. high school but stopped before sr. high, couldn't be bothered to spend as much time swimming. Swim coach for my school really wanted me on the team though.

Of course now I work at our Rec Center and I'm dealing with 3 pools every day, I can't get away from them :?

I would imagine, still though 9.5 meters would be 4 or 5 strokes for me depending on the ..er.. stroke :lol:

I normally swam in 25m pools, 50m pools are hard to come by around here.

The uni I'm going to has a 50m pool on the mauin campus- where I will be attending most of my classes. WIN!

(hence why we don't need our pool- that and it needs replacing of basically everything to do with it)

EDIT: and a really good gym too. And cheap membership for uni students (which, when combined with my work discount means my gym membership is almost free) and a mini-gym ~300m away from my workplace. Yeah, not bragging, but I really got lucky in relation to that :D

Last edited:
My Uni had the biggest indoor pool west of the Mississippi when it was built. In 1925. 4 lanes, baby.

I would imagine, still though 9.5 meters would be 4 or 5 strokes for me depending on the ..er.. stroke :lol:

I normally swam in 25m pools, 50m pools are hard to come by around here.

Yeah its 4 or 5 strokes for me.

My Uni had the biggest indoor pool west of the Mississippi when it was built. In 1925. 4 lanes, baby.

UL Sports Arena - First Olympic Sized pool in Ireland baby!! :cool:

It was a lot better than the veruca inducing pond we used to go to...

BlaRo changed his avatar again?! Damnit. I mostly use avatars to tell people apart, and now I have to get used to a new one.

Mluck, Mluck. Hello Everyone (What was that?)

I'm struggling to see if I should join the FinalGear facebook group..