Random Thoughts....

I actually posted about this once. I good 40% of women's dress pants have no pockets at all. Another 40% of pockets that are too small for a pack of gum and thus useless. The remaining 20% can carry ONE useful item (either wallet or cell phone) IF you've bought them a size too large and don't mind having odd lumps. Because our hips fill out the pocket area instead of our pants hanging straight down from the waist, there's very little room in general. You should look at how the pockets are structured in women's pants. You'll be amazed how non-functional it is. 95% of dresses/skirts have no pockets at all so if you're wearing that you definitely need the purse. Even jeans are probably only 70% functionally pocketed.

Carrying more than just a wallet and phone is a personal choice that derives from simply being able to. If I'm stuck carrying a purse, I might as well have some advil, chap stick, a small tape measure, my check book and a pen, and all the other things I find myself often needing.

I think the whole evolution of women's pants went the other way, as in the designers thinking "pockets? We don't need no steenkin' POCKETS because gurls have purses".

Also, women's pants are weird, they're usually way too high up.
And I wear my odd lumps with pride! Men need nothing more than a wallet and a cellphone, period. AiR may say we also need moisturizer but take it from me that he's wrong. WRONG I TELLS YA!

I think the whole evolution of women's pants went the other way, as in the designers thinking "pockets? We don't need no steenkin' POCKETS because gurls have purses".

And I wear my odd lumps with pride! Men need nothing more than a wallet and a cellphone, period. AiR may say we also need moisturizer but take it from me that he's wrong. WRONG I TELLS YA!

Historically, there was no need for pockets in women's pants. For hundreds of years women had been wearing dresses only and were thus already attached to the handbag. Why go to the trouble of functional pockets which ruin the line of the garment and make it harder to sew?

Anyway, are you married? If so, ask your wife to put your wallet and your phone in her pockets one day and observe the effect. It's much more pronounced. It just is.

You think women's pants are TOO HIGH? How the hell low do you want them? You LIKE being able to see ass every time we breathe?

Last edited:
[about pocket-less women's clothing]
Of course, we men like to see women dressed in clothes too tight to have decent pockets.

By the way, in summertime, wearing only shorts and t-shirt, I'm nearly screwed with all the stuff I have to carry. Thank the gods for cargo trousers.

Shouldn't that be FTMFL. I think that having a Bday so close to Xmas, you actually get less gifts than you would if the 2 were further apart.

My birthday is Jan. 31st. It's awesome because it's far enough away from Christmas that I get a separate set of gifts, but it's after Christmas so people can get my b-day gifts on sale during everyone's inventory clearance.

OTOH, now that I'm a freaking adult, gifts seem kind of stupid. I'd like Christmas much, much more if we could stop with the gift-giving and just spend time together.

Hence why Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday. I'm so excited about this weekend I can hardly sit still. :)

I actually posted about this once. I good 40% of women's dress pants have no pockets at all. Another 40% of pockets that are too small for a pack of gum and thus useless. The remaining 20% can carry ONE useful item (either wallet or cell phone) IF you've bought them a size too large and don't mind having odd lumps. Because our hips fill out the pocket area instead of our pants hanging straight down from the waist, there's very little room in general. You should look at how the pockets are structured in women's pants. You'll be amazed how non-functional it is. 95% of dresses/skirts have no pockets at all so if you're wearing that you definitely need the purse. Even jeans are probably only 70% functionally pocketed.

Carrying more than just a wallet and phone is a personal choice that derives from simply being able to. If I'm stuck carrying a purse, I might as well have some advil, chap stick, a small tape measure, my check book and a pen, and all the other things I find myself often needing.

That clearly proves that I never wear dresses/skirts/proper women's pants, except for those few occasions when I have to look 'nice' and then use my purse :lol:

You think women's pants are TOO HIGH? How the hell low do you want them? You LIKE being able to see ass every time we breathe?

I'm gonna have to agree with NooDle, some women's pants are so high up it's difficult to sit in them, some are way too low too so you're practically mooning people if you bend down.

I'm gonna have to agree with NooDle, some women's pants are so high up it's difficult to sit in them, some are way too low too so you're practically mooning people if you bend down.
So on average, they are exactly right. :p

*looks up hadron*
All-righty ... hopefully now your foul hardon influences can stop.... now my large hadron collider is filled of mesons and baryons and even anti baryons rather than two men strapped in to some machine with large hardons set on a collision course.

2004. The year when Ferrari destroyed every record in F1.

Yup. Didn't think they could dominate like they did in 2002, especially given how open 2003 was. Like 2002, their success was brought about by McLaren and Williams dropping the ball.

We got this monstrosity! :p

BMW_Williams_Formula_One_F1_FW26%2C_2004.jpg

I gradrated from High School in 2004.

My birthday is Jan. 31st. It's awesome because it's far enough away from Christmas that I get a separate set of gifts, but it's after Christmas so people can get my b-day gifts on sale during everyone's inventory clearance.

OTOH, now that I'm a freaking adult, gifts seem kind of stupid. I'd like Christmas much, much more if we could stop with the gift-giving and just spend time together.

Hence why Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday. I'm so excited about this weekend I can hardly sit still. :)

I gave up on the gift-giving concept a long time ago. Aside from the fact that I am terrible at choosing gifts for others, I also find it terribly wearing.

So I revived the Victorian custom of going out and about and seeing one's friends on Christmas morning to wish them a Happy/Merry Christmas and giving them a card. Those I cannot visit get cards in the mail instead. They all know I don't give gifts and don't expect any in return - and everyone seems a lot happier for it.

Grrrrr. The little squirty hose on my kitchen sink isn't working right. I know nothing about plumbing.

Does it extend it's full length properly? Does it still squirt? Maybe you need to finger the knob a little more.

Dunno, I'm not a plumber. :think:

It doesn't squirt with full force and water continues to come out the tap. I don't know quite how they work, but whatever's diverting water from the faucet to the hose must be malfunctioning. I'll have to google it. It's a HORRIBLE hose and is a pain in the ass to retract, but maybe it just needs to soak in vinegar or something. We have pretty hard water.

Dirty minds ftw :D

also:

-keys (the more keys, the manlier, obviously)
-some kind of pocket knife/multitool (because you never know when you'll need a screwdriver, bottle opener, wire cutter, and nailphile)

and depending on where you're going and what you're doing, a music listening device

and at night, a flashlight.

and since we're men we can fit all that in our pockets.

Riding a chartered "VIP coach" to the funeral.... It's a 1985 ford ex-transit bus. It can barely hit 60 and it's rattling so badly I can barely type.... Dear god 6 hours of this..................................

For a second there I though you said a 1983 GMC van.

A-TeamVan.jpg

Now that's a classy way to arrive at any funeral.

Fhifhhruuuuyyrrrbggghjkkkhybsddfhbnhdrt tiyd can't typeefgh bhtrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2005? Got the 323 hatch. Had a really shitty summer job at a market garden.

Fhifhhruuuuyyrrrbggghjkkkhybsddfhbnhdrt tiyd can't typeefgh bhtrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I take it you have a bit of trouble typing.