Random Thoughts....

I hate my life.

Paper was mostly done, save for a couple sources I need to look up. So, I take my laptop to school to finish.

Wifi was down all over campus. Completely. All night.

Where does all the ridiculous money we pay go to if it's not for basic necessities like keeping the network up?! Regents' mistresses?

Paper is late because the school's wireless is the only Internet I have in the morning, and I still need to look up a couple things. I didn't have a stick because I was going to e-mail my paper to myself. Oops. FML.

Last edited:
I lost my SOMEBODY STOLE MY flash drive.

8GB and 3 half-completed essays on there that I'll never get back. FFFFFFFUUUUU-.

And if another person walks in with iPod earbuds blasting music that I can hear from 3 rows away, I'm going to dropkick someone in the teeth.

And if another person walks in with iPod earbuds blasting music that I can hear from 3 rows away, I'm going to dropkick someone in the teeth.

This is a serious pet peeve of mine. Makes me want to yank the damn ear buds out and do some serious smashing. I love personal music players because they're PERSONAL. I don't want to listen to your shitty music. I used to sit and stare at people doing this in airports until they got uncomfortable and moved. Doesn't work so well on the plane though.

I was listening to some Christmas music in my office today and "Do They Know it's Christmas" came on the mix. Well it got me thinking, what the he'll does Bono mean by "Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you", just seems like an odd line.

I was listening to some Christmas music in my office today and "Do They Know it's Christmas" came on the mix. Well it got me thinking, what the he'll does Bono mean by "Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you", just seems like an odd line.

It was written by Bob Geldof, who does have a bit more bite to his lyrics than Bono.

it takes literally 20 seconds to look up a port number for a protocol you know the name of when sitting at a computer connected to the net

I just did it in 10 :p

That type of encyclopedic knowledge isn't all that useful. As you said, it's much more important to understand what a port is and how it is used than to remember which arbitrary number was assigned to which protocol.

(If you've been reading my posts today you can tell that) I'm still pissed-off about my flash drive; I went back to class 15 minutes after I left and it had already been pulled off the computer. Who the hell goes around stealing anonymous flash drives in the first place, with loads of personal crap that nobody else could be bothered with? I had two half-completed articles on there, including one about speeding that I was rather enthusiastic about. Well, guess I'll just have to wait until I get pulled over again before I rewrite it.

Oh, and I talked to campus security and the department in charge of the building, and they both said, politely, "you're fucked." :x

That really sucks about your half completed work. I know I would be pretty fuckin pissed if I lost my half completed papers, especially if my references where on that drive too.

Boris and Natasha?:D

They would probably be stealing punch cards :p

That really sucks. I never use a flash drive as a primary means of storage for several reasons; just transportation.

(If you've been reading my posts today you can tell that) I'm still pissed-off about my flash drive; I went back to class 15 minutes after I left and it had already been pulled off the computer. Who the hell goes around stealing anonymous flash drives in the first place, with loads of personal crap that nobody else could be bothered with? I had two half-completed articles on there, including one about speeding that I was rather enthusiastic about. Well, guess I'll just have to wait until I get pulled over again before I rewrite it.

Oh, and I talked to campus security and the department in charge of the building, and they both said, politely, "you're fucked." :x

At WWU I could access my student files remotely. I transferred crap via that instead of a thumb drive.

Always make a back-up on your personal computer as well. It sucks, but thankfully most people only make this error once.

Always make a back-up on your personal computer as well. It sucks, but thankfully most people only make this error once.
Yep. I had one of those Passport hard drives. Had all my music, pictures, torrents, etc. on it, and I took it to work and back for convenience. It was all great, until it fell off my computer one day. A two foot fall bricked it, and I had no backup of it.

Live and learn. :hug:

I'm on Omegle at the moment.

SOme guy now is asking me "who's your best friend?"

Jesus wept :rolleyes:

Why would I want to steal from myself? Ack! Is that miserable moose and squirrel!

Bollocks, in my haste to be funny I forsake logic. I regret the error and will move to avoid the error in the future.

Perhaps it was Snidely Whiplash who stole the flash drive?

I hope you find your flash drive, Blaro. It's really annoying when teachers don't give you your flash drive after all the work's been done and keep forgetting to give it to you and then you go into their office and ask them for it and then they don't know what it is and then you see it there right in front of them and think 'wow, they must we blind' and then yonk the flash drive and get out of there.

As you can tell, i've just woken up quite earlier than expected.

Aww hell. I'm trying to study (at my girl's place) and the fucking neighbor bitch is blasting music so loud it sounds like it's in the room with me.

And it's twangy country-western.

And I'm feeling stabby.

I'd go tell her to turn it down, but then I would have to put on pants. I might just head out and grab food and see how bad it is when I get back. Then I could justify pants.

Actually, going without pants might be more effective.