Random Thoughts....

I just ate a whole tub of Ben & Jerrys Caramel Chew Chew.... god I feel fat... that was so worth it though, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I like wrapping presents, all kinds of presents, I just like it...

There I said it, you may now go about your business as usual.

I love wrapping presents! I especially love all the little ribbons and decorations you can put on them. My cat, unfortunately, finds those delicious, so I always have to wait until the last minute.

True story: a couple of years ago I had wrapped about a dozen gifts for the family. We meet in Dallas, so I had stacked the gifts (without ribbons) on the dining room table in the meantime. The day we're set to leave, I put ribbons on the gifts and start loading the car. In the time it took to put the first load in, Ling had chomped every single bow exactly once.

Nobody gets ribbons on their gifts from me anymore. :(

My wife has not one political bone in her body; could care less about it. Which is good, being that I have installed a soap box in the living room to rant on.

She found out today that "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is being preempted for the Presidents speech on sending troops to Afghanistan. She adores everything Charlie Brown. If we have a baby girl, it will be named Lucille; no shit.

"That FUCKING TOOL!!"
is what she screamed into the phone when I broke it to her. :lol:

I love wrapping presents! I especially love all the little ribbons and decorations you can put on them. My cat, unfortunately, finds those delicious, so I always have to wait until the last minute.

True story: a couple of years ago I had wrapped about a dozen gifts for the family. We meet in Dallas, so I had stacked the gifts (without ribbons) on the dining room table in the meantime. The day we're set to leave, I put ribbons on the gifts and start loading the car. In the time it took to put the first load in, Ling had chomped every single bow exactly once.

Nobody gets ribbons on their gifts from me anymore. :(

:lol: Me too (the ribbons thing not the cat, I don't have a cat) I have a whole box full of different ribbons.

:lol: Jay, your wife's awesome.

We don't know what the little monsterface dog is going to do once the tree's up and decorated with presents under it. Methinks we'll be needing a new bottle of bitter apple very soon. He was born Jan 5th this year, so he's never seen a christmas tree. He's calming down these days but he's still a huge chewer.

<3

I'm the member of our family that does the Christmas gift wrapping. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of them since I had a hard drive crash. I'll have to take pictures again this year. I use gold and red foil paper, fully wrapped with ribbon (either red or gold- opposite the color of the paper) completely around the present, and small brass bells tied to the bows. Still not quite the grand poobah of bow tying, but I can get them very symmetrical and pretty looking :lol: This year I've hunted down a Christmas themed wax seal (and red/green and gold wax) which I will use to attach the gift tags.

:lol: Jay, your wife's awesome.

We don't know what the little monsterface dog is going to do once the tree's up and decorated with presents under it. Methinks we'll be needing a new bottle of bitter apple very soon. He was born Jan 5th this year, so he's never seen a christmas tree. He's calming down these days but he's still a huge chewer.
Put it up without ornaments first, especially if you're sentimental about some!

Also, I hate wrapping presents.

That ski mask I bought for cycling at low temperatures was a really good investment. It looks badass, too. :)

My wife has not one political bone in her body; could care less about it. Which is good, being that I have installed a soap box in the living room to rant on.

She found out today that "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is being preempted for the Presidents speech on sending troops to Afghanistan. She adores everything Charlie Brown. If we have a baby girl, it will be named Lucille; no shit.

"That FUCKING TOOL!!"
is what she screamed into the phone when I broke it to her. :lol:

Did you get her the tree yet?

I like wrapping presents but I'm rubbish at it. Takes ages, needs lots of tapes. But I understand the curling factor of the scissors.

Wrapping presents are fun, even more so when you're as terrible at it as me. I try to use as much wrapping paper as possible and then tie ribbon around the wrapping in a knot and put a stick on bow over the knot.

Presents!! :D And thanks to a certain somebody, we'll actually have a tree this year to put 'em under!

I expect somebody will start a new ?Post Your Christmas Tree and Presents? Thread soon. :whistle:

Last year?s one was good fun, lots of pics & stuff. :)

Last edited:
My gas pump asked me if I wanted to sign a petition urging the Pennsylvania state government to start letting convenience stores and grocery stores sell beer.

HELL YES.

My gas pump asked me if I wanted to sign a petition urging the Pennsylvania state government to start letting convenience stores and grocery stores sell beer.

HELL YES.

You talk to fuel pumps?