Random Thoughts....

Aussie uni students- help please?

I am planning to do this cousre (http://www.newcastle.edu.au/program/10446.html) at uni and will have to enroll and do all my timetabling soon. Question is, how do i know which courses do I do 1st year, 2nd year, etc? Are there any courses that I must do straight-up 1st semester, or can I do some courses 2nd semester/later? Also, will the university tell you this normally and help you with timetabling via websites/orientation week and such or are you left to do it on your own? Finally, what is this whole "registration for tutorials" thing?

Thanks, you can tell that my careers classes weren't great at school :(

http://www.newcastle.edu.au/Resourc...d Law/Resources/Students/PEC/BComPEC-2010.pdf

Did you read that in the link further down the page? Looks like it has the info you need ;)

It doesnt look like you need to do the core courses (the ones in red in the left column) in any particular order though. I assume you pick which major you want to do, Accounting, Finance or Economics. The red courses are the ones you have to do, the green ones look like electives where you get to choose what ones you want. You'd be better off emailing your program coordinator and finding out for sure though.

I assume the uni will have people on hand to help you enrol. If its anything like how my processes were, get in quick. Enrol as soon as the courses open otherwise you'll get a rubbish timetable.

Last edited:
bypass.png

The world is upside down! We have bad weather in socal... or maybe it's that el nino thing.

Aussie uni students- help please?

I am planning to do this cousre (http://www.newcastle.edu.au/program/10446.html) at uni and will have to enroll and do all my timetabling soon. Question is, how do i know which courses do I do 1st year, 2nd year, etc? Are there any courses that I must do straight-up 1st semester, or can I do some courses 2nd semester/later? Also, will the university tell you this normally and help you with timetabling via websites/orientation week and such or are you left to do it on your own? Finally, what is this whole "registration for tutorials" thing?

Thanks, you can tell that my careers classes weren't great at school :(

And if you want to end up doing your CPA/ICAA then they suggest you follow this course structure (I'm assuming you're going to do an Accounting major)

With what ever you choose Brydie, good luck. :D

Where is everyone? It's very quiet.

And if you want to end up doing your CPA/ICAA then they suggest you follow this course structure (I'm assuming you're going to do an Accounting major)

With what ever you choose Brydie, good luck. :D

Thankyou to you and Red_Bull, and yeah, I have to do my CPA after uni as part of my contract so I will be following that. Looking at the timetables for my uni and campus, I get the feeling they are pretty mellow about the order in which you do stuff, which is good given next year (next 3 years actually) I will most likely have to structure my uni around full-time work. I daresay they will give us tons of info on enrolling though, and worst case scenario I go and talk to somebody at the uni in the enrollment area.

Thanks again! :)

EDIT: can somebody +rep Sarnya for me? I need to share the love :)

Last edited:
Rep has been spread.

And just a hint, around here the after hours tutorials usually filled up fast. So if you have to take the early/late tutes, get in early!

All I wanted to do this evening was sleep, and now I can't sleep. Grr.

I've gone through the Bolivia special twice already out of insomnia and am now convinced that my Coco Bunny (my first Puffalump :)) should compare battle scars with Clarkson's teddy bear.

I love that line towards the end where he compares the cars with his bear. Gives me the warm fuzzies. :wub:

^Well, I like it.

:|

I've never been there :( Only other state I've been to is Victoria.

Last edited:
I went there in 1988 for Expo. We stood in lots of queues, saw some stuff, and went home.

I don't want to go back to school..(or Australia rather).

Brisbane is sooo boring!

Well yeah, Hong Kong > Australia when it comes to having fun :D

I went there in 1988 for Expo. We stood in lots of queues, saw some stuff, and went home.

I went to the EXPO 2000 in Hannover as a company outing. At the first pavilion we visited some guy in a suit told us what good deeds the mutual savings bank of Lower Saxony is doing for mankind. I decided that it was all a scam by Big Money and heades over to the cuban pavilion for some rum and cigars with a chick from accouting. They only had red wine and cigars but nevertheless, we were quite drunk by lunch and completely out of control when it was time to head home.

Passed my test yesterday :cool: :D 2 minors. Doing Pass Plus in a few weeks so I can get more experience and cheaper insurance